Dr Martin Lindley
Senior Lecturer in Human Biology Ergonomics
Diet and Exercise and their impact on inflammation in the lung (specifically Omega 3 PUFA's); exercise and physical activity patterns and how they are measured; measurement of health indicators and physiological capacity in the healthy ageing population; lung function, asthma and air quality in patients, atheletes and in the workplace.
Currently collaborating with Indiana University (Dr T.D. Mickleborough) into the affects of diet and exercise on lung inflammation.
University of Wales College of Medicine (Dr A. Ionescu) on exercise in COPD (Dr M.Steiner) Department of Respiratory Medicine Glenfield Hospital Leicester UK.
Profiling volatile compounds in exhaled breathe of respiratory disease (Prof P Thomas) Loughborough Uni.
- Medicine and Science in Sport and Exercise
- Journal of Sports Science
- Anals of Human Biology
- Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport
- The Journal of Swimming research
Learned Societies and Professional Affiliations
- British Association of Sports and Exercise Science
- British Association of Sports Medicine
- British Thoracic Society
- European Respiratory Society
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Thoracic Society
- Internationsl Society for the study of fatty acids and lipids
- Adjunct Assistant Professor - Insdiana University
Invited Lecture / Keynotes
- Association for Respiratory Technology and Physiology - Annual conference guest speaker February 2008
- UK Sport - Exepert panel - The Brittle Athlete March 2008
- Nottingham University - 2004
- University of Wales College of Medicine - 2002
- Mickleborough, T.D., Murray, R. Ionescu, A.A. and Lindley, M.R. (2003). Fish oil Supplementation reduces the severity of exercise-induced bronchoconstriction in elite athletes. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. Vol 168, Issue 10. pp 1181-1189
- Mickleborough, T.D., Lindley, M. R. and Ray, S. (2005). Dietary salt, airway inflammation and diffusion capacity in exercise-induced asthma. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 37 (6), 904-914.
- Mickleborough, T.D.., Ionescu, A.A., Lindley, M.R. and Fly, A.D. (2006) Protective effect of fish oil supplementation on exercise-induced bronchoconstriction in asthma. Chest. 29 (1), 39-49.
- Stanford, K.I., Mickleborough, T.D., Ray, S., Lindley, M.R., Koceja, D.M and Stager, J.M. (2006). Influence of menstrual cycle phase on pulmonary function in asthmatic athletes. European Journal of Applied Physiology. 96 (6), 703-710.
- Ionescu, A.A., Mickleborough, T.D., Bolton, C.E., Lindley, M.R., Nixon, L.S., Dunseath, G., Luzio, S., Owens D.R. and Shale, D.J. (2006).The systematic inflammatory response to exercise in adults with cystic fibrosis. Journal of Cystic Fibrosis. 5 (2), 105-112.
- Mickleborough, T.D., Lindley, M.R. and Turner, L. (2007). Comparitive effects fo a high-intensity warm up and salbutermol and the bronchoconstrictor response to exercise in asthmatic athletes. International journal of sports medicine. 28, 456-462.
You can view a fuller publications list on the University Publications Database.