Monisha gained her master's degree in Physiotherapy (2016) at Sri Ramakrishna College of Physiotherapy, The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, India, followed by a PhD from the SRM Institute of Science and Technology (2022). Her PhD focused on the development and validation of an assessment tool for the diagnosis of children with Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD). Monisha also worked as an assistant professor in the SRM College of Physiotherapy, where her research activities were focused in the area of DCD, with a particular interest in rehabilitation.
Monisha joined Loughborough University as a Research Associate in Health and Behaviour Change in March 2023, working primarily from the University's London campus. Monisha works alongside Dr Iuliana Hartescu as part of a multi-disciplinary team of psychologists, engineers and experts in user-centred design and health at Loughborough University, which will examine the impact of heatwaves and the bedroom thermal environment on sleep and wellbeing.
One of Monisha’s earlier research areas focussed on the development and validation of an assessment tool, and investigating the physiological impact of sleep deprivation in school children with smart phone addiction. Monisha’s current research interests include the impact of environmental factors on sleep quality and well-being in the UK population.
- Monisha, R., & Ganapathy Sankar, U. Validation of diagnostic assessment tool for developmental coordination disorder. International Journal of Health Sciences, 6(S2), (2022). 4081–4087. DOI: 10.53730/ijhs.v6nS2.5884
- Mark, A., Sankar, G.U., Monisha, R. Standardization of pediatric evaluation of disability inventory (PEDI) in Tamil language (2021) Journal of Medical Pharmaceutical and Allied Sciences, 10 (6), pp. 3907-3909. DOI: 10.22270/JMPAS.V10I6.
- Ganapathy Sankar, U., Monisha, R. What is needed to patients in palliative care-review of the patients perspectives in palliative care (2020) International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences, 11 (4), pp. 6532-6536. DOI: 10.26452/ijrps.v11i4.3536
- Ganapathy Sankar, U., Monisha R, Impact of covid 19 on the mental health and quality of sleep among health care professionals(2020) International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 12 (3), pp. 2577-2580.DOI: 10.31838/ijpr/2020.12.03.364
- Ganapathy Sankar, U., Monisha, Evaluation of Smartphone Addiction and Quality of Sleep among School Children(2020) Biomedical and Pharmacology Journal, 13 (3), pp. 1409-1413. DOI: 10.13005/bpj/2011
Books and chapter contributions
- Monisha R, Ganapathy Sankar. Developmental coordination Disorder Clinical Reasoning, ISBN 978-613-8-82975-1, April 2019,SIA Omniscriptum publishing
- Sankar Umaiorubagam, G., Ravikumar, M., & Rajam Sankara Eswaran, S. (2021). COVID 19 and Quality of Life in Indian Context. Anxiety, Uncertainty, and Resilience During the Pandemic Period - Anthropological and Psychological Perspectives. doi: 10.5772/intechopen.98477
- Sankar Umaiorubagam, G., Ravikumar, M., & Rajam Sankara Eswaran, S. (2021). COVID 19 and Myriad of Psychological Problems in Indian Context. Anxiety, Uncertainty, and Resilience During the Pandemic Period - Anthropological and Psychological Perspectives. doi: 10.5772/intechopen.98768