Jason graduated from Liverpool John Moores University in 2004 with a BSc in Sports Science & Football. He went on to work as a performance analyst in elite sport until starting at Loughborough College in 2006. During his time at Loughborough College Jason taught on both further and higher education programmes as well as acting as the teaching and learning lead for the department. Alongside full-time employment, Jason continued to study part-time, graduating from the University of Derby with a Graduate Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector, and from Loughborough University with a Post Graduate Certificate in Sports Science.
Jason moved to Loughborough University after 10 years at Loughborough College and is currently leading on the Elite Sport Foundation programme.
Jason’s research interests include the use of performance analysis within coaching, the use of performance analysis and technology to provide feedback to athletes, and work rate analysis in team sports
Jason is a member of the International Society of the Performance Analysis of Sport and has achieved both applied and scientific pathway accreditation. He is currently a performance analysis consultant for the Football Association of Wales, providing support for the national football squad and leading the provision for the U21 national squad. Previously he was the performance analyst for the Great Britain Universities football squad who won a silver medal at the 2013 World University Games.
Jason currently leads on the performance analysis provision that Loughborough University offers as part of the Coaching & Volunteer academy. This role involves supporting the university performance squads and delivering performance analysis workshops for students.
- Cook, J.L. Analysis of Positional Work Rate Demands in Semi Elite Soccer Match Play. Presented at the British Association of Sport & Exercise Science annual conference, University of Essex, September 2011.
- Cook, J.L. Development of Position Specific Performance Indicators in Elite Netball. Presented at the International Convention on Science, Education and Medicine in Sport, SECC Glasgow, July 2012.
- Cook, J.L and Bredice, R. Analysis of Attacking Play in Semi Elite Female Soccer. Presented at the World Congress of Performance Analysis in Sport, University of Worcester, July 2012.
- Cook, J. L. Application of Three Time Motion Analysis Systems in Semi Professional Soccer Match Play. Presented at the World Congress of Performance Analysis in Sport, University of Worcester, July 2012.
- Cook, J. L. (2013). Application of Three Time Motion Analysis Systems in Semi Professional Soccer Match Play. In Performance Analysis of Sport XI, D. Peters and P. O’Donoghue (eds.). London: Routledge, pp. 267-272