Lizzie graduated with a degree in Sport and Exercise Science from the University of Hull in 2012. Lizzie then completed her PhD at the University of Lincoln in 2017. Her PhD investigated the role of mental toughness on health-related lifestyle behaviour change.
In July 2017, Lizzie joined the University of Leeds as a researcher. Initially, Lizzie worked on a Macmillan-funded project to explore the quality of life of people living with and beyond a cancer diagnosis. The second project was a National Institute for Health Research (NIHR)-funded project to conduct a feasibility study for a childhood obesity prevention programme.
Lizzie joined the School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences at Loughborough University in July 2020 as a Lecturer in the area of Physical Activity and Health.
Lizzie’s research focuses on health and exercise psychology. Specifically, Lizzie researches behaviour change in order to reduce the likelihood of disease and improve quality of life.
Invited reviewer for Journal of Sport Sciences, Journal of Clinical Sport Psychology.
- Stamp, E., Clarke, G., Wright, P., Velikova, G., Crossfield, S. S. R., Zucker, K., et al. (2022) Collection of cancer Patient Reported Outcome Measures (PROMS) to link with primary and secondary electronic care records to understand and improve long term cancer outcomes: A protocol paper. PLoS ONE 17(4): e0266804. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0266804.
- Stamp, E., Schofield, H., Roberts, V. L., et al. (2021). Contamination within trials of community-based public health interventions: lessons from the HENRY feasibility study. Pilot Feasibility Stud 7, (88). DOI: 10.1186/s40814-021-00805-3.
- Bryant, M., Collinson, M., Burton, W., Stamp, E., Schofield, H., Copsey, B., Hartley, S., Webb, E., & Farrin, A. J. (2021). Cluster randomised controlled feasibility study of HENRY: a community-based intervention aimed at reducing obesity rates in preschool children. Pilot Feasibility Stud, 7 (59). DOI: 10.1186/s40814-021-00798-z.
- Webb, E, J. D., Stamp, E., Collinson, M., Farrin, A. J., Stevens, J., Burton, W., Rutter, H., Schofield, H., & Bryant, M. (2020), 'Measuring commissioners’ willingness-to-pay for community based childhood obesity prevention programmes using a discrete choice experiment'. BMC Public Health, 20, (1) 1535. DOI: 10.1186/s12889-020-09576-7.
- Stamp, E., Crust, L., & Swann, C. (2019). Mental Toughness and Dietary Behaviours in Undergraduate University Students. Appetite, 142. DOI: 10.1016/j.appet.2019.104389.
- Stamp, E., Crust, L., Swann, C., & Perry, J. L. (2017). Relationships between mental toughness, barriers to exercise, and exercise behaviour in undergraduate students. International Journal of Sport Psychology, 48 (3), 262-277. DOI: 10.7352/IJSP.2017.48.262.
- Stamp, E., Crust, L., Swann, C., & Perry, J. L., Clough, P., & Marchant, D. (2015). Relationships between mental toughness and psychological wellbeing in undergraduate students. Personality and Individual Differences, 75, 170 – 174. DOI: 10.1016/j.paid.2014.11.038.