Children's Swimming Lessons
Our children's swimming lessons follow the ASA National Learn to Swim programme ensuring they deliver the very highest standard of teaching and following an up-to-date syllabus with clearly defined progression levels. Children are encouraged to develop their skills and progress in stages whilst receiving continual assessment from their teacher. The lessons are structured into ability groups starting with Adult and Child and right through to Pre-Competition and Lifesaving.
September 2022 Update
Waiting List Update
We currently have over 200 children on our assessment waiting list and over 100 for both Stage 1 and adult & child lessons. If you would like to add your child/children to our waiting list, please click the button at the top of the page but be aware that it is likely to be at least 6 months before we can offer you a space.
Autumn Term Dates
- Swimming lessons return on the weekend of 17th /18th September until 17th / 18th December
- There will be no lessons on 22nd / 23rd October
- Spring Term will resume on 7th / 8th January and run until 26th March
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the Swimming Pool reception by emailing email@example.com or calling 01509 226200.
All new starters must first join our waiting list by clicking the button at the top of this page. You will be contacted by email once a space is available.
- Children who are over 4 and can already swim will need to be assessed to ensure they are joining the most suitable group for their ability. We can then look to book them into a regular class once they have finished their assessment.
- If your child is 4 years old or a complete beginner, they will start in Stage 1.
- If your child is under 4, we offer adult & child lessons which require a parent or guardian to accompany the child in the water.
Our swimming teachers will be using iPads on poolside to record each child’s attendance and stage progression. This information will then be available to view by parents online through the HomePortal. Once your child is enrolled in a class, you will receive an email containing details on how to sign up.
Initial assessments are free of charge.
Lessons are sold in blocks of 10 credits at a price of £49.50.
Credits will not be reimbursed for missed sessions unless this is due to a long-term illness or injury that is supported by a doctor's note.
Swimming lessons run alongside the school term dates and continuous payment will be required before all credits expire to maintain your place. Credits can be topped up via the Home Portal.