Children's swimming lessons
Our children's swimming lessons follow the ASA National Learn to Swim programme ensuring they deliver the very highest standard of teaching and following an up-to-date syllabus with clearly defined progression levels. Children are encouraged to develop their skills and progress in stages whilst receiving continual assessment from their teacher. The lessons are structured into ability groups starting with Adult and Child and right through to Pre-Competition and Lifesaving.
*WE WILL NOT BE ENROLLING ANY NEW MEMBERS UNTIL FURTHER *
Please note that we will not reply to any swimming lesson enquiries until the swimming programme is back up and running. After this time, we will then review availability and be back in touch.
Members currently on a swimming course will be notified of a confirmed return date soon, with further information of how the lessons will operate. Please be patient, we are working hard to establish the changes required to provide a safe environment. Please only email us to inform us if you wish to cancel your place on the swimming course.
Swimming Lesson Restart
Child Swimming Lessons Update – December 2020
I am pleased to announce that child swimming lessons will return this weekend (Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th) and will carry on till Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th December. All class allocations have been unchanged and will carry on in the current format. Lessons will return in the new year, on Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th January.
If you are still currently on our waiting list to return back, please be patient as we are trying out upmost to bring as many people back as possible.
Swimming Lesson Restart
Arriving to the pool
- Please do not leave home if you have any of the signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- All parents and swimmers must be socially distant (2m+) at all times, this includes inside and outside the facility.
- All swimmers must enter via the main doors in their allotted time, while keeping socially distant.
- Face covering must be worn by everyone above the age of 11, and must be worn while queuing and inside the facility.
- All swimmers must arrive 'beach ready' with their swimming costume on. The changing rooms will only be available when exiting the facility.
- Any swimmer above the age of 10 is expected to enter the facility and attend swimming lessons unsupervised, with parents/guardians outside the swimming pool facility.
- Any swimmer below the age of 10 is allowed one parent/guardian(above the age of 16) to chaperone them in the facility.
- Families will multiple swimmers will only be allowed one parent/guardian into the swimming pool facility.
Arrival to reception
- Please sanitse your hands on arrival to the swimming pool and make your way to the poolside.
- To reduce the amount of congestion, reception will be limited to collect hats and badges. All movements and top-ups must be handled using the online portal.
Arrival onto poolside.
- While moving around poolside please keep to the left.
- All face covering should be worn while walking around poolside.
- All parents must use the marked bays in the spectator area to get their child changed, and should remain there for the duration of the lesson.
- Please ensure that your child moves swiftly to their lesson.
- Stages 2, 3 & 4 should use the bays at the moveable end of the swimming pool.
- Stages 5 and above are allowed to use the bays at the deep end of the swimming pool.
- Swimming bags are allowed to be left at the far side of the swimming pool during lessons.
Change in lesson time
- Please be aware that all regular lessons will now run for only 25 minutes, which will allow us to promote social distancing between each lesson.
- All pre-competition classes will also only run for 40 minutes.
Stage One Lesson
- All parents must accompany their child in the water for the duration of the class.
- Parents are allowed to leave their bags on the far side of the swimming pool during the lesson.
During Swimming Lessons.
- Please could all parents remain in the marked bay while wearing a face covering.
- Please be aware that all teachers will remain in the same teaching station and only teach a particular stage.
- All teachers will deliver lessons from poolside, and promote social distancing during the lessons.
- Please reframe from speaking to the teacher during the lessons, and forward all questions to the Learn to Swim Coordinator.
After the lessons has ended.
- Once the lesson has finished swimmers will climb out and move around the pool to collect your belongings and make their way to the changing rooms.
- While moving around poolside please ensure you keep to the left.
- Showers will not be available at this time.
- Swimmers will be asked to change as quickly as possible. Cubicles will be in use and the two group changes will be open for a maximum of 2 per area.
- Every swimmer above the age of 11 must wear a face covering once dry.
- Exiting the pool swimming must follow the signs to ensure social distance is maintained.
Those looking to involve their child/children for the first time should register their interest and add their details to the assessment waiting list by visiting pool reception, calling 01509 226200 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our swimming teachers will be using iPads on poolside to record each child’s attendance and stage progression. This information will then be available to view by parents online through the HomePortal.
Prior to starting lessons for the first time, children will need to be assessed to ensure they are allocated the most suitable group based on their swimming ability. Assessment mornings will be held whenever adequate space in our swim school becomes available. We will then advertise an assessment date below and contact those on the waiting list to arrange a suitable time.
Initial assessments are free of charge. Enquire today via email@example.com for our upcoming assessment dates.
Price: £42 (Block of 10 credits)
The swimming lessons will run alongside the school term dates and continuous payment will be required before all credits expire to reserve class slot. Credits can be renewed via the Home Portal.