Our Sports Halls offer a range of flexible space for multiple sports, utilised for a range of activities and events from social through to international televised competition.
Sir David Wallace Sports Hall
The Sir David Wallace Sports Hall (SDW) is our largest indoor multi-sport and flexible events space and widely used for Athletic Union Club training and competition venue.
We have hosted a range of events including:
- Loughborough Lightning Netball Super League home games
- Preparation Camp for Team GB
- BBC East Midlands Sports Awards and Children in Need
- Theatre Seated events, including Graduation and corporate
- The largest UK University Careers Fair
The facility is also widely used for training for sports including Basketball, Badminton, Futsal, Handball, Indoor Hockey, Netball, Trampolining and Volleyball.
The facility comprises:
- 3 Zone / 12 Badminton Court format
- Semi Sprung Junkers floor
- 1000+ LUX Level
- Tiered seated capacity for 1500 (various configurations) with additional flat seating upto 2100.
- Multi-sport Scoreboard
- Changing Facilities
- 2 Fitness Studios (first floor)
The Netball Hall is our second largest indoor multi-sport and flexible events space and training base for the England Roses and Loughborough Lightning.
In addition to Netball, the centre also hosts other Athletic Union Clubs training and events including Basketball and Volleyball National League games.
The facility comprises:
- 2 Netball Courts to International Standard
- Training court is marked only for Netball, Match court is marked for Netball, Volleyball and Basketball.
- Tiered Spectator seating for 300, with additional flat seating available to 500
- 40 seater Seminar Room and 10 seater meeting room
- Co-Located in the building is the Badminton Centre, which can provide additional warm up space for events.
The Badminton Centre is a high performance badminton specific training venue and home to the Preformance Badminton Programme, run in partnership with Badminton England’s Development team.
The facility comprises 4 badminton courts with international standard sunken posts, and badminton specific lighting. The centre also hosts many regular clubs and is available to hire.
The Badminton Centre is co-located in the same complex as the Netball Centre, and can also be utilised as event space for the adjacent Netball Centre.
The Victory Hall is located on the west side of campus, within the Holywell Sports Complex. Named after the ‘Victory Hall’ which was one of the original building on campus.
The new facility is a 1 zone / 4 badminton court hall and hosts an extensive range of recreational and social sport, as well as training for societies and clubs.
The facility is suitable for a wide range of sports including Basketball, Volleyball, Badminton, Netball and 5 a side.