Loughborough University Swimming Pool delivers the RLSS UK National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) which teaches learns a wide range of lifeguarding related skills, including rescue techniques, first aid and customer service skills.
Pool Lifeguard Courses
This qualification is the most awarded lifeguard qualification in the United Kingdom and is the recruitment requirement for a number of leisure-based jobs from Pool Lifeguard to Centre Manger.
Course Date & Information
We do not currently have any upcoming lifeguarding courses available.
Candidates must be:
- 16 years old before the last date of the course.
- Able to swim a minimum of 100 metres on their back and front continuously.
- Able to swim 50 metres in 60 seconds.
What will I need to bring to the course?
You are required to bring the following items to the course:
- Photographic Identification (must be shown to the trainer on the first day of the course)
- A whistle
- Swimming costume
- Shorts and t-shirt to be worn in the water
- Pen / pencil