Our one day athletics event is a great way for you to enjoy the competitive hall spirit and really get involved in hall life.
Hall sport (also known as IMS), is a free programme and a great way to enjoy sport, socialise with friends and get the most out of your hall experience.
Points Scale ‘B’
NO AU Athletics, triathlon, cross-country, multi-disciplinary athletes for any event. Entry lists are required.
- Long Jump
- Triple Jump
- High Jump
- Shot Put
2 athletes per hall for each event; 1 relay team.
Ahletes can do a maximum of 2 individual track events, 2 field events and 2 relays.
Athletes will have 1 point deducted for not wearning an IMS shirt in each event they take part in.
Rules and scoring
Each hall may enter a maximum of two athletes for running and jumping events, two athletes for throwing events and one relay team.
Each competitor may enter a maximum of two track and two field events with no restriction on entry for relays (i.e. a competitor may enter 2 track, 2 field + 2 relays – total of 6 events).
If a competitor gains a place in the final and is then unable to take part due to injury, a replacement may be permitted (at discretion of the Exec). No other replacements will be allowed.
Points will be awarded as follows:
- 1st= 32 pts; 2nd= 31 pts; 3rd= 30 pts; 4th= 29 pts; etc.. (running and jumping events)
- 1st= 16 pts; 2nd= 15 pts; 3rd= 14 pts; 4th= 13 pts; etc.. (throwing events)
- 1st= 32 pts; 2nd= 30 pts; 3rd= 28 pts; 4th= 26 pts; etc.. (relay events)
In the event of a tie in the final placings, the hall with the most individual event wins will take first place.
Mixed Cross Country
Where: Start and finish at Paddock
Time: From 6pm
Team: 6 men and 6 women
Event: 5k run around campus and surrounding area
NO AU ATHLETICS (OVER 400M, CROSS COUNTRY OR TRIATHLON)
Rules and scoring
- Competitors will be provided with a timing chip which must be worn at all times
- IMS tops and appropriate footwear to be work
- Competitiors must conform to all marshals and instructions
- Each hall must bring a volunteer to help marshal
- Runners will receive points for their positions. Eg. 1st place = 1 point, 2nd place = 2 points, 50th place = 50 points
- Team with the lowest score wins
- If you cannot field 12 participants, they will score the last place score +1
- One point will be added for each person not wearing an IMS top