The social sport programme offers free competitive weekly leagues to play socially with groups of friends, or you can enter a team through your department or society. The leagues allow you to define your own level of competition and it’s a great way to stay active and take a break from your academic commitments. This programme also offers the opportunity to get involved with one day events in more niche sports with a commitment to increasing the para sport offer.
In light of recent developments and advice from Government and National Governing Bodies (NGBs), all Social Sport will be postponed until further notice.
Thank you for your understanding
We hope to return in semester 2, please head to our social media pages to keep up to date with lockdown challenges and the return of Social Sport.
*IMPORTANT COVID UPDATE*
Please ensure the following rules are adhered to for all Fixtures and ODE's:
- Ensure you have booked your slot on the Lboro Sport App – no booking, no playing
- Come ready to play – no changing facilities
- Arrive no more than 5 minutes before the start of your fixture
- Please wear a face covering on arrival to the facility/ pitch for your safety and ours
- Within your team – different households should maintain 1m+ distance before the game
- Follow the one-way system to enter indoor facilities
- Sanitising stations can be found at the facilities entrance to our leagues – please sanitise your hands on arrival
- Maintain a 1m+ social distance between yourself and fellow competitors
- Within your team - different households should maintain 1m+ distance before the game
- Please respect facilities staff and Social Sport Exec Team
- Please use hand sanitiser provided at the facility and wash your hands at the earliest convenience
- Please ensure social distancing is maintained and face coverings are worn
- Ensure you vacate the facility in a timely manner, following the one way system in facilities
The leagues and one day events are free* to join and all equipment is provided. Not only are they great ways to play competitive sport at the university the Social Sport programme is a fantastic way to stay active and socialise.
You can join the following leagues:
One Day Events
We run a series of One Day Events (ODEs) throughout the academic year in a wide variety of sports that you can get involved with. The events for 2020/21 will be announced in early October, including the launch of inclusive sports such as Boccia.
We’re also on the lookout for volunteers interested in gaining experience in sports development and events management; contact us for more information.
Sign ups for Semester One 2020/21 are now closed!
Please note information for Semester Two sign ups will be released in January.
You will need to have dowloaded the Lboro Comps app in order to play:
Lboro Comps on IOS (App Store) - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/lboro-comps/id1436387499?mt=8
Lboro Comps on Android (Google Play) - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playwaze.lborocomps
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow @lborosocialspt to keep up to date with the latst news from our programme!
Social Sport Exec
As chair I oversee the Social Sport programme and support the exec members, as well as sitting on Sport Senate where we make important decisions about the whole Loughborough Sport programme!
I create content for all our social media, take photos at the different events and answer any questions you have about social sport that pop into our inbox!
I organise ODE sports for the year. Feel free to get me involved in any sporting events!
I sort all things netball including teams, fixtures and umpires. I work with the rest and the social sport team and am here to answer any questions you have about the programme!
I oversee the basketball games and make sure everyone’s having a fun time! If you have any questions, be sure to drop me a message :)
I am the Social Sport Fooball Coordinator with Francesca. We're the social football Gods sorting all organisation and running the show on the day. Please feel free to send us any questions!
Working with Tom, we delivery the football program, both Men's 6-a-side and hopefully introducing Women's 11-a-side Super Series