The social sport programme offers free competitive weekly leagues to play socially with groups of friends, or you can enter a team through your department or society. The leagues allow you to define your own level of competition and it’s a great way to stay active and take a break from your academic commitments. This programme also offers the opportunity to get involved with one day events in more niche sports with a commitment to increasing the para sport offer.
*IMPORTANT COVID UPDATE*
Please ensure the following rules are adhered to for all Fixtures and ODE's:
- Ensure you have booked your slot on the Lboro Sport App – no booking, no playing
- Come ready to play – no changing facilities
- Arrive no more than 5 minutes before the start of your fixture
- Please wear a face covering on arrival to the facility/ pitch for your safety and ours
- Within your team – different households should maintain 1m+ distance before the game
- Follow the one-way system to enter indoor facilities
- Sanitising stations can be found at the facilities entrance to our leagues – please sanitise your hands on arrival
- Maintain a 1m+ social distance between yourself and fellow competitors
- Within your team - different households should maintain 1m+ distance before the game
- Please respect facilities staff and Social Sport Exec Team
- Please use hand sanitiser provided at the facility and wash your hands at the earliest convenience
- Please ensure social distancing is maintained and face coverings are worn
- Ensure you vacate the facility in a timely manner, following the one way system in facilities
The leagues and one day events are free* to join and all equipment is provided. Not only are they great ways to play competitive sport at the university the Social Sport programme is a fantastic way to stay active and socialise.
You can join the following leagues:
One Day Events
We run a series of One Day Events (ODEs) throughout the academic year in a wide variety of sports that you can get involved with. The events for 2020/21 will be announced in early October, including the launch of inclusive sports such as Boccia.
We’re also on the lookout for volunteers interested in gaining experience in sports development and events management; contact us for more information.
Sign ups for Semester One 2020/21 are now closed!
Please note information for Semester Two sign ups will be released in January.
You will need to have dowloaded the Lboro Comps app in order to play:
Lboro Comps on IOS (App Store) - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/lboro-comps/id1436387499?mt=8
Lboro Comps on Android (Google Play) - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playwaze.lborocomps
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow @lborosocialspt to keep up to date with the latst news from our programme!