Our Social Sport programme offers free, competitive sport that allows participants to play sport socially. You can represent your Department, Society and/or as a group of friends.
Free to join, it is a great way of getting to know people, keeping fit and having a break from your academic studies.
Games take place in the Netball Centre.
- Sunday 7.00-7.35pm
- Sunday 7.35-8.10pm
- Sunday 8.10-8.45pm
- Sunday 8.45-9.20pm
- Matches will consist of four 6 minute quarters with a 1-minute break in between each quarter.
- Teams must be at the venue at least 15 minutes before their match time.
- Matches can be played with a minimum of 5 players- but this does not force the other team to play with 5, it is your responsibility to bring a full team and not the oppositions responsibility to change the playing numbers down to 5.
- Teams can play matches with a maximum squad of 12.
- Court rules will follow the England netball rules. These can be found at the link; (https://dkvyoz9j6hq31.cloudfront.net/app/uploads/2016/08/Domestic-Rules-Guidance-Final-1.pdf)
- Mixed netball - A maximum of 2 males may be on court at the same time and they must not be in the same third at any time (e.g. you may play a goal shooter and a goal keeper but not a wing attack and a goal shooter). If a male is to play as a centre then there can only be one male on court at a time.
- Nails and jewellery will be inspected to ensure there is no risk of injury - please be aware.
- If a team withdraws from the upcoming match a walkover score of 10-0 will be awarded against the team that has not turned up.
- Informed Walkover:If a team withdraws from the upcoming match, they must contact the team they are due to play at least 2 hours prior to the start of the match.
- If this occurs 3 times the team will be removed from the league
- Uniformed Walkover:If a team does not inform the league coordinators that they are unable to attend more than 2 hours prior to the start of the game, they will lose their deposit.
- On the second occasion they will be removed from the league
- If unacceptable court side behaviour occurs from teams or spectators, they will receive one warning. If the behaviour continues they will be sent away from the courts.
- If unacceptable behaviour continues at more games, then there will be a penalty of points docked. (amount of points TBC).
- Players who argue with umpires will receive one warning then will be sent off court if the behaviour continues.
- Must not distract the participants in any way
- Never ridicule a player during or after a match for making a mistake during matches.
- Must show respect for all players and their opponents
- Action will be taken if this is not adhered to.
Deposits to be given back at the end of the semester unless:
a). There is verbal abuse to players/referees
b). Players have been reported for malicious foul play
c). Teams do not give an uninformed Walkover
d). Teams arrive persistently late
Sign ups for Semester One 2022/23 have now closed. Sign ups for Semester 2 will re-open at the beginning of Semester 2.
- Details of how to sign up will be released on the Social Sport Instagram @lborosocialspt and Social Sport Social Media
- Information regarding sign ups will be circulated at the Sports Bazaar
Spaces are allocated on a first come first serve basis.
You will need to have dowloaded the Playwaze app in order to play:
Playwaze on IOS (App Store) - https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/playwaze/id100021767
Playwaze on Android (Google Play) - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playwaze&hl=en_GB&gl=US
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org