Our Social Sport programme offers free, competitive sport that allows participants to play sport socially. You can represent your department, society and/or as a group of friends.
Our mixed basketball Social Sport league offers you the opportunity to play regular competitive sport on your terms. Free* to join, it is a great way of getting to know people, keeping fit and having a break from your academic studies.
Games will take place in New Victory Hall.
- Thursday 8-8.30pm
- Thursday 8.30-9pm
- Thursday 9-9.30pm
- Thursday 9.30-10pm
- Games finish when 1 team reaches 21 points
- No more than 20 minute games
- Points inside the arc are worth 1 point and points outside the arc are worth 2
- Please aim to be at the New Victory Hall for at least 10 minutes before your game.
- Teams should aim to wear similar coloured kits.
- Games are between 2 teams of 3 players and up to 2 substitute per team.
- Teams can have a maximum of 5 players in each squad.
- Teams can only make substitutes when the ball is out of play.
- Normal and shooting fouls result in turnover in possession, not a free throw
- There is no 3 second in the key rule
- The games will be structured as a round robin competition
- Seeding’s for playoffs will be announced after all teams have played each other
- Any acts of violence, verbal or physical aggression towards other players or coordinator and interferences with games or with game results will immediately lose their deposit
- Unsportsmanlike behaviour will result in the player being reported to the student sport office and appropriate disciplinary action being taken.
- If a player commits 2 unsportsmanlike fouls, their team will automatically lose that weeks fixture
- If unsportsmanlike fouls are found to be consistent, the team will be penalised from their deposits and potentially removed from the league
- If a team withdraws from a game then the opposing team will be awarded the win
- Teams must give notice of their withdrawal from the match. Notice must reach the coordinators
- Uninformed Walkovers: If teams do not inform the league coordinators of their non-attendance 2 hours prior to the game, they will lose your deposit.
- Uninformed walkovers: If teams do not inform the coordinators of their non-attendance on more than one occasion, they will be removed from the league immediately.
- 1. When the ball leaves the half-court, the ball will be awarded to the opposing team from whoever touched the ball last.
- a. The possession of the ball after a dead-ball situation will start after a check-ball
- 2. Should there be a jump-ball situation, the defending team will be awarded the possession
- 3. If a team does not have a league fixture one week (through a team informing the league coordinators of their inability to play) then the coordinators will try to arrange a friendly fixture.
- 4. Teams must win by at least 2 points
- 5. The nature of 3x3 Basketball league means that should a team(s) drop in/out at different points in the semester, players should be aware that new teams could enter a league at any point.
- 6. Games will be played at New Victory Hall (Holywell Fitness Centre)
Deposits to be given back at the end of the semester unless:
a). There is verbal abuse to players/referees
b). Players have been reported for malicious foul play
c). Teams do not give an uninformed Walkover
d). Teams arrive persistently late
Sign ups for Semester One 2020/21 will open at the beginning of Semester 1.
- Details of how to sign up will be released on the Social Sport Instagram and Social Sport Social Media
- Information regarding sign ups will be circulated at the Sports Bazaar
Spaces are allocated on a first come first serve basis and our Men’s Football league was extremely popular last year.
You will need to have dowloaded the Lboro Comps app in order to play:
Lboro Comps on IOS (App Store) - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/lboro-comps/id1436387499?mt=8
Lboro Comps on Android (Google Play) - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playwaze.lborocomps
For more information please email: email@example.com