Hall sport (also known as IMS), is a free programme and a great way to enjoy rugby, socialise with friends and get the most out of your hall experience.
The programme is open to all Loughborough University students so whether you are currently living in halls or are affliated with one, you can get involved.
Rugby 13's league
Sunday – 11am – 2.30pm
Rugby Union - 13s
'A' grade sport
No AU rugby union/rugby league players (or higher level playing outside the university)
- Only 13 players from each team are allowed on the pitch at any one time
- 6 forwards and 7 backs per team
- There is a maximum of 7 subs per team. Subs may roll on roll off
- Under no circumstances may any IMS player be part of the University rugby union or rugby league squads. ALL PLAYERS MUST BE STUDENTS AT LOUGHBOROUGH UNIVERSITY. Affiliated members of Hall are permitted as long as they are current students. If you are unsure of a player’s eligibility, you need to check their name with the IMS Exec. Hall’s fielding ineligible players will be docked points and the opposition will be awarded a walkover.
- The competition will run on a pools basis: Pool winners plus the 2 2nd placed teams with the best record will qualify for the Top Pool. The other remaining 2nd placed team, plus all 3rd placed teams, plus the 4th placed team with the best record will qualify for the Middle Pool. The remaining 2 4th placed teams and all 5th placed teams will qualify for the Bottom Pool
- The matches are 25 mins each way with 5 mins at half time
- Halls are required to provide match balls
- Uncontested scrums
- Number 8 cannot pick up from the scrum
- There will be no flankers
- Conversions may be taken off a tee or by drop goal, and kicked back through the posts from behind if necessary to prevent balls landing in gardens
- No Match is to go ahead without a qualified referee and post protectors
- In the event of an injury send someone to alert the Paramedic who will be based at the top of the slope overlooking pitches. DO NOT call 999, the paramedic will do so if needed. If for any reason the paramedic is not available, you can call Security on 0800 526966
- A walkover will be scored 40-0
There is a great competitive spirit in our halls and we hold a one day men's rugby 7's event every year which is not to be missed.
Points Scale ‘C’
Eligibility – No AU Rugby Players (League or Union)
Maximum squad of 12 players.
- Rugby sevens is played basically to rugby union rules, with seven players on each side
- Rolling substitutions throughout games
- Matches are played on a full size pitch
- Each game will consist of two halves of 7 minutes each way, with the exception of the finals which will be 10 minutes each way
- Team that scored the try kicks off at the restart
- In case of a draw during knockout stages teams will continue to play, dropping a player every 1 minute, until a try is scored