BUCS UNIversal Gym Membership
Access over 90 university fitness facilities for free!
Loughborough University have partnered with British Universities & Colleges (BUCS) to join the UNIversal Gym membership scheme.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL NOT BE EXCEPTING ANY GYM MEMBERS OF ANOTHER INSTITUTE TO USE OUR FACILITIES UNTIL THE BUCS UNIVERSAL SCHEME HAS BEEN CONFIRMED THAT IT WILL CONTINUE FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2020-21*
The scheme allows Loughborough students and staff members who have a valid annual or academic year gym membership to access fitness facilities at another participating University, free of charge! There are currently over 90 institutes enrolled onto the scheme, providing our students a place to continue their training regime during vacation periods or whilst visiting friends.
UNIversal gym card holders from other institutes are also welcome to use our fitness facilities.
Loughborough University Students and Staff members
- All Loughborough University student and staff members who have purchased a full annual or academic year membership are eligible to for a UNIversal gym membership card
- To register and collect your UNIversal gym card, please visit either Powerbase or Holywell Fitness Centre reception
- Visit the BUCS website to view other participating Universities in the scheme
- Visit your chosen Universities gym's website to view their terms and conditions of use - We do not have any control over another institutes rules for the scheme
- Present your UNIversal gym membership card along with your Loughborough University Student or staff card when attending another University. If you do not have both the institute will not allow access to use their facilities
Visitors from another institution
- UNIversal gym card holders from another University may use Holywell Fitness Suite. Access to any other sports facility on campus will be charged at the student rate
- A valid University student or staff card is required to be presented with the Universal gym card. We will not allow entry without both cards present and we do not except email confirmations of purchase for gym memberships from another institute as proof of eligability for the BUCS scheme