Hall Sport (also known as IMS), is a free programme and a great way to enjoy sport, socialise with friends and get the most out of your hall experience.
The programme is open to all Loughborough University students so whether you are currently living in Halls or are affiliated with one, you can get involved.
Football - Men
A and B leagues
(No University Football/Futsal Players)
Points Scale: The A league is graded as an A sport, the B league is not graded and teams are only playing for the trophy.
Venue: PEC Rubber Crumb, Holywell Rubbercrumb, College Rubbercrumb.
Walkover Score: 5-0
Squad Size: 16
- All matches will be played under standard IFAB Laws, other than where stated below. (Yellow Cards, Red Cards, and temporary dismissals (sin bins) are in operation).
- Fixtures must be played on the date and at the time stated. If a team fails to attend a match, 10 minutes after the scheduled start time the opposition can claim a walkover. If a game starts late the playing time must be shortened in order that the following match starts on time.
- The duration of the matches will be 35 minutes each way, with a 5 minute break at half-time.
- Rolling substitutions are in place.
- Each team taking part in a game must provide a linesman.
- Players much wear shin pads.
- The ‘home team’ hall is responsible for returning equipment where applicable (ball, flags etc).
- Points will be awarded as follows: Win = 3 pts. Draw = 1 pts. Loss = 0 pts. A team winning by a walkover will be deemed to have won by a score of 5 – 0. In the event of a tie in the pools, goal difference will be calculated and, if necessary, the result of the match between the tying halls.
- Any player receiving a red card will be banned for 3 weeks of IMS Football. 10 points will also be deducted from the hall for a team receiving a red card. Special cases can be discussed on an individual basis and if applicable, further point deductions and match bans may be put in place.
- Halls should input the score into Lboro Comps app at the end of the match, if there is a discrepancy in the stated scores then the referee will be contacted.
- Feedback on fixtures etc can be provided to the IMS Football Coordinator.