Running & Walking
Whether you're going for a leg stretch or out to run a PB, there are plenty of ways to be active on campus and using the local area. Being active outside has a whole host of benefits including stress relief, improving mood, better quality sleep, being connected to your surroundings and improving fitness. All you need is a pair of trainers!
If you're new to Campus and Lougborough, these routes are an ideal way to help you find your way round campus and familiarise yourself with the local area.
Walking and running is a really easy way to get active, however make sure you're safe whilst doing so...
- Always on a pavement where possible – if not run on the right-hand side of the road facing the oncoming traffic.
- Be visible – wear bright clothing and wear reflective clothing when running in the dark.
- Let people know where you plan on running or run with a friend*
- Take your phone – to contact people in case of emergency.
- Conduct a warm up and cool down. This could include a 5 minute steady walk and a stretching routine.
- Be aware of distractions - it's fun to run listening to music, but make sure you're aware of your surroundings.