'The Best University in the World for Sports Related Subjects'. QS World Rankings 2017, 2018, 2019
Our Loughborough University National Tennis Academy players will be able to access the world class sports facilities on campus as part of their daily/weekly programme, including (but not limited to);
Loughborough Sport Tennis Centre:
- Eight indoor Plexipave hard courts
- Three outdoor Plexipave hard courts
- Two seminar rooms and a dedicated player relaxation lounge with food preparation facilities.
Through our exciting facility development taking place in 2020, we will also have the benefit of the following new facilities in the Tennis Centre;
- Two additional indoor Plexipave hard courts (creating a total of ten indoor courts)
- Functional training/S & C area
- Performance analysis suite and education room
- Physiotherapy room
- An additional seminar room (creating a total of three seminar rooms)
- Four glassback squash courts
Other facilities include:
- Powerbase, one of the largest Strength & Conditioning centres in the UK and host to the English Institute of Sport (EIS)
- Loughborough Sport Physiotherapy clinic
- Ice baths
- Olympic size (50m) swimming pool – home to British Swimming
- HiPac Athletics Centre (indoor and outdoor facility) – home to a British Athletics National Performance Institute
- Sir David Wallace Sports Hall
Transport and location
Loughborough University is located in the heart of the East Midlands and therefore easily accessible by all modes of transport, including car, train or by flying into East Midlands Airport. Our location provides the perfect base for staff and athletes to travel domestically and internationally to competitions and events, in addition to practical ease for players and parents.
Our education and boarding partnership with the excellent rated and closely located Loughborough Schools Foundation, in addition to the University’s single site campus provides access to the world class sports and educational facilities required within close proximity to one another. This allows for logistical ease within a performance sport environment.