There's a great competitive spirit in our halls and you have the chance to help your hall take the badminton title.
Hall sport (also known as IMS), is a free programme and a great way to enjoy sport, socialise with friends and get the most out of your hall experience.
The programme is open to all Loughborough University students so whether you are currently living in halls or are affiliated with one, you can get involved.
Badminton mixed league
'A' grade sport
Ideally games require six players but teams may play with less (four players minimum). If teams play with four players they automatically forfeit 3/9 games.
NO AU BADMINTON MEMBERS INCLUDING DEVELOPMENT (or equivalent/higher standard outside the university)
Venue: Badminton Centre
- The competition will be played on a pools basis with secondary pools based on primary pool rankings to provide the final placings in the competition
- Teams will consist of three mixed pairs, with each pair playing each opposing pair. Pairs designated A1 to 3 and B1 to 3 (below)
- Fixtures must be played on the date and at the time stated
- The match will be decided on the basis of nine games
- Each game will be played to 21 points (new rules), scoring may occur on either pairs serve
- Order of play: Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 A1 v B1 A1 v B2 A1 v B3 A2 v B2 A2 v B3 A2 v B1 A3 v B3 A3 v B1 A3 v B2
- A team winning by a walkover will be deemed to have won by a score of 9–0. In the event of a tie for positions within the pool, the ratio of games for and against will be used to break the tie. (It is essential to play all games in a match and to record the results as if necessary, the result of the match between the tying halls will be used)
- The first named team will be responsible for providing and selecting the speed of the shuttles