Community Volunteer Programme
We offer a range of voluntary opportunities for all University staff and members of the local community to get involved in within our world class events programme each year.
Loughborough University is fortunate to host a number of high profile sporting events throughout the year, including Loughborough International Athletics and Loughborough European Athletics Permit, as well as weekly home fixtures for our performance sport teams in the National Rugby League One, Vitality Netball Super League and Kia Cricket Super League.
We require an army of enthusiastic volunteers to support the delivery of these events on campus in a number variety of different roles including, but not limited to, Spectator Services, Media Assistance, VIP Support, Ticketing and Merchandise Sales, Player Liaison etc.
Our community volunteer programme is open to anyone that wants to get involved, we don’t say no to anyone!
Some of our community volunteers have also supported a number of one off, world class events over the past few years including:
- London 2012 Olympics – Team GB Preparation Camp, Athlete Kitting Out and Torch Relay
- European Hockey Club Championship Trophy 2014
- BUCS Big Wednesday 2015
- English Artistic Gymnastics Championships 2015, 2016 & 2017
- School Games 2016, 2017 & 2018
- NEC Wheelchair Tennis Masters 2017
- UEFA U17 Football Championships 2018
What We Offer?
Sport Event Volunteers: Throughout the academic year we require a number of volunteers to support the delivery of our world-class events programme on campus in a variety of different roles. This can range from our weekly National One Rugby Fixtures to our larger scale Loughborough International Athletics event and even one off events such as the UEFA U17 Championships which we held in May 2018.
Masterclasses and Workshops: We often run a number of Masterclass and Workshop sessions throughout the year with a number of notable alumni and industry experts in the world of sport. These are open to both student and community volunteers to attend.
Why get involved?
- Social benefits of working alongside likeminded individuals and opportunity to make friends for life.
- An opportunity to develop employability skills through volunteering experiences.
- Opportunity to make a difference within local community.
- Priority access to other volunteer opportunities at one off events held on campus depending on commitment.
- It’s great fun!
- Access to masterclasses and CPD opportunities that are led and delivered by sports industry experts.
- Access to our new and exciting recognition scheme and subsidised Coach & Volunteer Academy kit.
How to get involved?
Anyone can get involved in our community volunteer programme; whether you are a local resident of Loughborough or wish to travel from further afield, we want to allow as many people as possible to get involved.
To find out more on how to get involved in the Coach & Volunteer Academy, visit our “Get Involved” page.