Hall Sport (also known as IMS), is a free programme and a great way to enjoy netball, socialise with friends and get the most out of your hall experience.
Netball - league
The programme is open to all Loughborough University students who are not University netball players. If you are currently living in halls or are affliated with one, you can get involved.
Monday – 8-10.30pm
All matches take place in the Netball Centre.
No AU Netball players
'A' grade sport
- All games will be played according to the IFNA and MNA Rules of the Game currently in force in England at the time, except where noted below.
- No team may start a match with less than five players.
- If by the time designated for the start of the match a team does not have the required number of players, they forfeit the match and the other team will score a win – 5 points.
- No substitutions are allowed during play except in case of injury or illness. A player having to leave the court through injury or illness may be substituted, in which case (s)he may not rejoin the game until the following quarter. If a player leaves the court for treatment and is not substituted, (s)he may rejoin the game in the normal way after treatment.
- During any stoppage for injury the opposing team may not make substitutions, although they may change positions.
- The first centre pass in any game is awarded to the first-named team on the fixture list. Choice of ends is automatically awarded to the second named team on the fixture list.
- There will be central timing, therefore in case of illness or injury time will not be stopped. However if umpire feels that play has to be postponed for extended time they shall take note of the time lost to which the Intramural Representative shall adjudicate.
- Play will consist of four 7 minute quarters, with a minute breaks in between quarters except for half time where there shall be approx 3mins break.
- 3 points will be awarded for a win, 1 points for a draw, and 0 points for a loss.
- An umpires ruling on court is final, and is not to be questioned.
- All participants will be expected to conduct themselves in a dignified and sportsmanlike manner, and to respect the rights of all other players, coaches, umpires, administrators and other personnel, and to play in the true spirit and within the rules of the game. The Intramural rep and Umpires present reserve the right to warn or suspend, any player who behaves in an unacceptable manner.
- Squads are of a maximum of 12 – no more than this please.
- Every hall must provide a scorer of whom shall stand with the opposing teams scorer, and score together – this is essential as all official umpire only.
- We must stress that if you are planning on bringing spectators down then they must watch upstairs for health and safety reasons.
- Walkover score is 18-0.