Hosted by Arizona State University, Professor Skinner will be joined by fellow academics and sporting experts to discuss how COVID-19 has put a collective pause on the world of sport and the potentially far-reaching impact after the virus subsides.
With many major sporting competitions cancelled or postponed, the panel will delve into the consequences of moving such events as the Olympics, and how we should brace ourselves for when sports make their eventual return.
The full panel includes:
- Professor James Skinner, Director of the Institute for Sports Business at Loughborough University London
- Tracey Holmes, Australian Journalist and presenter on ABC News Radio
- Professor Andres Martinez, Arizona State University Professor of Practice & Journalist
- Professor Stephen Ross, Pennsylvania State University, Professor of Law, Director, Penn State Institute for Sports Law, Policy, and Research
- Ilhaam Groenewald, Chief Director of Maties Sports at Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- Natalie Welch, Asst. Professor for Sports Business and Marketing at the University of Tennessee, member of the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians
- Simon Chadwick, Director of Eurasian Sport at EMLYON Business School
The live webinar is free to join and will run on Friday 3rd April 2020 between 7pm-8pm GMT. To view the discussion live please visit here.