One of the world's largest elite strength and conditioning environments.
Powerbase is quite simply designed to maximise athlete potential, through its state of the art quipment, free weight areas, weightlifting platforms and dedicated cardio floor. The new multi-million pound extension opened in 2023 creates a new combined space of 3,200m2, making it one of the world's largest elite strength and conditioning environments.
We are open to all Loughborough University students, staff and eligible partners, providing a purpose-built environment for training, recovery and rehabilitation. See our Membership prices for more info.
Our staff are well qualified with specialist knowledge in strength and conditioning, ensuring you maintain safe and effective technique in pursuit of your training goals.
- 46 lifting platforms, designed to enable the coaching of Olympic lifting techniques
- Large strength & conditioning areas for free weights and plate loaded and cable machines
- Dedicated cardio mezzanine floor with exercise bikes (includes Wattbike), treadmills, rowing machines, cross trainers, hand bikes and crossover elliptical trainers
- Fitness Coaches - a dedicated team to support you with your training goals, through an extensive programme of fitness classes, gym floor classes and 1-2-1s
- Fitness classes - try something new with complete access to our wide ranging fitness class programme in our studios at both the Sir David Wallace sports hall and Holywell Fitness Centre
- Gym floor classes - an innovative programme which utilises the Outrace rig and Myzone fitness trackers at Holywell Fitness Centre
- Swim - all Powerbase memberships include access to public swim sessions at our Olympic-size pool
- No joining fees for any Powerbase membership!
- Large discounts on pay as you go activities incl. sports hall, turf and court hire
- Physiotherapy Clinic - 10% off your first treatment with our experienced team of clinicians, specialising in physiotherapy, sports injury, massage and podiatry
- BUCS UNIversal - all students and staff with a valid Academic/Annual gym membership can use fitness facilities in 60 other Universities across the country...FOR FREE!
Gym standards and inductions
Our goal is to ensure that everyone can maximise their performance in as safe a way as possible. All our members have a part to play in creating a unique training environment befitting of the facility, so please click HERE for a reminder of our gym standards and view our induction video.