Powerbase is one of the country's largest strength and conditioning gyms.
With state of the art Technogym equipment Powerbase is designed to maximise athlete potential. With a number of free weights and weightlifting platforms and equipment, the facility is frequently a hive of activity.
There is a dedicated cardio mezzanine floor which houses a number of exercise bikes and watt bikes, treadmills, rowing machines and cross trainers as well as hand bikes and crossover elliptical trainers.
Open to all Loughborough University staff, students and campus partner staff, providing an environment where training, recovery and rehabilitation can all be accessed under one roof. Staffed by well qualified and specialist conditioning coaches instructing users in safe and effective techniques for achieving their training goals.
An exclusive range of t-shirts now available only from Powerbase reception. Choose from four different designs to best express your style. Image, Joel Fearon, Winter Olympian, sub 10 second sprinter and Powerbase member.
Great reasons to join
- 12 Olympic lifting platforms, including space for teaching Olympic lifting techniques and analysing lifting technique.
- Large strength conditioning weight area
- Dedicated cardio floor of exercise bikes, watt bikes, treadmills and rowing machines
- Keep motivated. Free personal 1-2-1 fitness sessions
- Free expert led workshops including lifting technique and boxing
- Try something new. Free access to more than 40 fitness classes every week in Sir David Wallace and the Swimming Pool
- Swim. Membership includes free access to our Olympic swimming pool
- UNIversal gym membership, train at participating gyms outside term time across the UK
Elite training times
Powerbase is home to Olympic and Paralympic athletes and many of the country's leading sports teams train there. This means you get access to the same outstanding level of equipment used by these athletes. To facilitate their training access is restricted 10-12 and 2-4 Monday to Friday.