Holywell Fitness Centre
Consisting of a large gym, two fitness class studios and the Victory Hall sports hall
We have made a number of changes to our gyms and other facilities to ensure they continue to be a safe place for you to train.
At Holywell Fitness Centre we have created a vibrant and inspirational training environment for our students, staff and community. Our objective being, to provide excellent health and fitness facilities that cater for everyone, whatever their fitness goals, experience or level of ability.
Our gym equipment includes the latest from Technogym's state-of-the-art cardio and strength ranges, as well as lifting platforms and the largest Outrace training rig in the UK.
All these gym elements have been designed to be used with the Myzone heart rate system for gym floor group workouts or individual training alike.
Whether you're a beginner, completely new to exercise, or a seasoned athlete, come and see for yourself what we have to offer!
- 6 lifting platforms and full racks, with accompanying Olympic lifting bars and plates
- Large strength & conditioning areas for free weights and Technogym plate loaded and selectorised resistance machines
- Cardio equipment (Technogym Skill line), designed with athletes to maximise training performance
- Outrace rig, complemented by a multi-use turf area
- Fitness instructors - a dedicated team to support you with your training goals, through an extensive programme of fitness classes, gym floor classes and 1-2-1s
- Fitness classes - try something new with complete access to our wide ranging fitness class programme in our studios at both Holywell Fitness Centre and the Sir David Wallace sports hall
- Gym floor classes - an innovative programme which utilises the Outrace rig and Myzone fitness trackers at Holywell Fitness Centre
- 1-2-1s - training programmes developed for you by our Fitness Instructors, including body composition analysis and 1-2-1 gym sessions (additional charges apply)
- Workshops - led by experts from across the University, these will provide new skills and knowledge on a wide variety of sport, exercise and fitness topics
- Body Composition Analysis - measure progress against your health and fitness goals, may with indicators such as your BMI, metabolic age, fat and muscle mass (additional charges may apply)
- Swim - Holywell memberships include access to public swim sessions at our Olympic-size pool
- No joining fees for any Holywell membership!
- Large discounts on pay as you go activities incl. sports hall, turf and court hire
- Physiotherapy Clinic - 10% off your first treatment with our experienced team of clinicians, specialising in physiotherapy, sports injury, massage and podiatry
- BUCS UNIversal - all students and staff with a valid membership can use fitness facilities in 60 other Universities across the country...FOR FREE!
As part of our drive to create an increasingly inclusive gym, from 10:45 to 12:15 each day, we’ll be offering Quiet Sessions with a calm low sensory environment to work out in, which will include:
- No loud music over the fitness suite speakers
- Turning off of all public TV screens within the fitness suites
- Drawing of blinds (if it is safe to do so)
- Avoidance of public announcements (unless there is an emergency)
- A polite request that all fitness users work out as quietly and respectfully as possible