Loughborough University offers a unique environment to develop in cycling and para-cycling, whilst gaining a prestigious degree.
2021/2022 Expression of Interest
Please register your Expresson of Interest in LCA for the 2021/22 intake here.
The Loughborough Cycling Academy aims to recruit and nurture the most talented riders, while supporting academic endeavours throughout their university degree. We support riders competing at regional, national and international level across all cycling and para-cycling disciplines.
The Loughborough Cycling Academy provides students with an environment where those with cycling talent and ambitions to race at national and international level can find support, coaching and facilities to develop their sporting careers, alongside realising their full academic potential.
Our cycling team benefits from exceptional support across the university, including:
- Individualised coaching and training plans - delivered through our dedicated cycling coaches and in partnership with our cyclinganalytics.com platform.
- Strength and conditioning - discounted powerbase gym membership and twice weekly squad training with our S&C coach.
- Aerodynamics optimisation - collaborating with the school of Aeronautical and Automotive Engineering, we are looking to undertake in house aerodynamic testing.
- Sport science support - collaborating with the school of sport exercise and health sciences, we are able to offer un-paralleled access to sport science support, for example: performance testing, lactate threshold assesments, altitude and heat training, and novel training interventions.
- Sport nutrition – we have a dedicated sport nutritionist working with the team providing group seminars and working individualised with riders, including nutrition plans and body composition assessments.
- Physiotherapy – our riders benefit from dedicated physiotherapy sessions with the university physiotherapy department.
- We regularly book private sessions at Derby velodrome, for specific track training coaching sessions.
Cycling at Loughborough is growing and we are looking for fresh new talented cyclists to help the programme continue to move forwards. If you are interested in joining our high performance cycling team, and compete at national or international level in any BUCS cycling discipline, please email Programme Manager, Dave Nichols.
For our most exceptional performance cyclists, we offer sports scholarships to help with the costs of training and competition