// Staff noticeboard
The benefits of joining the University and College Union
Who are we?
* Loughborough University UCU (LUCU) is a trade union branch representing and acting on behalf of staff who work at Loughborough University.
* Our branch is based in Loughborough and covers both the Loughborough and the London campuses of the University.
* We offer our members help and advice on employment, legal and health and safety matters, education and training opportunities and welfare support.
* LUCU actively campaigns on issues such as workload, equality, casualisation, and fair pay.
* We represent staff in negotiations with senior management on a whole range of issues both locally and nationally, including pensions, pay, and terms and conditions of employment.
Why should you join us?
Over 130,000 of your colleagues in UK higher education have chosen to join UCU - the largest union and most effective voice for people like you who work in the sector. We are the recognised union for academic and academic-related staff (managers, senior administrators, computing, library and other professional staff). Join us to help us stop the pension cuts and build better universities.
Which union represents which employees at Loughborough University?
* UCU for staff in the academic and academic-related job families including: Research and Teaching, Teaching and Scholarship, Research; and Management and Specialist, as well as staff employed at grade 6 in Technical Services.
* Unison for support staff employed at grades 1-5 in the Operational Services and Administrative Services job families.
* Unite the Union for support staff employed at grades 1-5 in the Technical Services job family.
How to join:
Join with other staff and be protected at work. Join UCU, online, today. Go to: www.ucu.org.uk/join-us
* For further information on the national union, please see www.ucu.org.uk
* On the local branch, please see http://ucu.lboro.ac.uk/
* If you have specific questions or want to chat, you can contact the branch by emailing email@example.com or calling 01509 228299
* You may also wish to follow us on social media: Facebook facebook.com/LboroUCU ; Twitter twitter.com/LboroUCU ; Instagram instagram.com/lboroucu ; and YouTube youtube.com/channel/UCIx1LVG6eg71sYj_RwLIxnQ