Support & well-being
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
The EAP contact information is:
0800 028 0199
User name: Loughborough
PhD Students login -
User name: Loughborough
My Healthy Advantage App
The app is available to download for free on Google Play and the App Store by searching ‘My Healthy Advantage’. Once it has downloaded, open the app to complete the sign-up details. You will be asked to input a code, which is MHA119084.
The University has partnered with an external organisation, Health Assured. Health Assured is independent from the University and the services provided are completely confidential.
What is an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)?
An EAP is a confidential employee benefit designed to help you deal with personal and professional problems that could be affecting your home life or work life, health and general wellbeing.
Our EAP service provides a complete support network that offers expert advice and compassionate guidance 24/7, covering a wide range of issues. We strongly believe in providing an EAP service that offers not only reactive support when someone needs it but also proactive and preventative support to deliver the best possible outcomes.
Balancing everyday life with the requirements of work and home can create pressures for all of us. Work is a large part of people’s lives. With increasing working hours as well as technological developments to support remote working, it is vital to ensure that there's a productive, healthy environment that is conducive to a healthy lifestyle.
Health Assured, in partnership with Loughborough University, provides all employees with complimentary access to an enhanced Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to assist you in achieving this balance.
This service complements the Occupational Health and Wellbeing Services, University’s staff counselling and Health and Wellbeing provision within the People Strategy
The Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provides confidential unlimited support on any matter that might be of concern to you – from mental health and wellbeing, through to legal, relationship and money matters.
Health Assured offer:
Health Assured offers cover for you and your immediate family members*, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year:
- Life support: Unlimited access to telephone counselling for emotional problems and a pathway to structured telephone counselling (employees only) at your convenience.
- Work-related problems can affect our physical, emotional and mental health. Common issues include job dissatisfaction, workplace injury, stress, discrimination and bullying, violence, accidental death and retirement.
- Management guidance - Managing staff wellbeing can be rewarding and at times stressful. We hope that you utilise our support services when difficult matters arise.
- Legal information: For any issues that cause anxiety or distress including debt management, accountancy, lawsuits, consumer disputes, property or neighbour legalities (employees only).
- Bereavement support: Health Assured offers qualified and experienced counsellors who can help with grief and related stress plus a team of legal advisors to help with legal issues.
- Medical information: signposting to trusted websites are provided
*Health Assured define dependants as immediate family members (spouse/partners) and children aged 16 to 24 in full time education, living in the same household.
We understand that the information needs to be available in a way that is suitable for you, whenever you require it. From simple lifestyle changes to advice for many of life's most common concerns, the portal offers:
• Interactive health assessment providing personal tailor-made dietary tips and fitness plans
• Fitness and lifestyle advice, such as detoxing methods
• Four week self-help programmes
• Mini health checks
• Financial wellbeing articles
Health e-Hub Mobile App
Sometimes it can be difficult to balance the pressures of work with the demands of home life. When daily life feels overwhelming you need help and support to deal with the practical and emotional challenges you may be facing. The free Health Assured app offers access to holistic health and wellbeing support at the tap of a finger anywhere and anytime.
• Support videos and webinars
• Four-week programmes
• Home life support and advice
• Work life assistance
• Physical and emotional health
• Mini health checks
• Emotional Health
• Physical Health
• Medical information