21 Feb 2019
Opportunities to secure placements, internships, graduate roles and many more at this year’s Spring Careers Fair
The upcoming Spring Careers Fair will be showcasing over 90 employers from across the world who will be promoting their employment opportunities to students – including graduate and placement roles, as well as vacation and volunteering schemes.
Organisations including EY, advertising giant Ogilvy, Civil Service Fast Stream, Orbit, Wild Packs Summer Camps, Leicestershire Police and Decathlon will all be in attendance, alongside many more who have roles to suit students from a range of disciplines.
The event – which will run from 11am-3pm – will take place in the Sir David Wallace Hall next Tuesday (26 February).
It is free to attend and there is no need to sign up in advance, simply turn up on the day.
More information about the event, including a list of employers, can be found on the Careers Network webpages.
Below are some top tips to help prepare for the day:
- There is no need to wear a suit, but dress appropriately as first impressions do count
- Employers like to talk to enthusiastic, well-researched students, so if there are any organisations that you particularly want to work for then find out as much about the company and their career opportunities in advance of the day
- Bring along your CV. And if you haven’t polished your CV yet, our team of career professionals will be happy to help. More information about how to do this can be found here
- Be flexible and visit the event with an open mind and talk to as many organisations as you can. You never know, your dream job could be working in a company that you have not yet heard of!
- Allow yourself adequate time, as there are over 90 employers at the Fair
- Prioritise the employers you’re most interested in
- Enjoy the day and try to learn as much as possible about your future career possibilities