At Loughborough there are many opportunities to meet employers at Careers Fairs and one off events such as employer presentations, skills sessions and Q&As. Meeting employers online is a good way to explore a range of career options in an informal environment. Talk directly to recruiters, and hear about their career stories and insider advice. They are often Loughborough graduates themselves!
Universities of the Future: What do they look like to you?
Starts 5th May 2021, 2pm
Covid has fast-accelerated changes to the ways Universities work – moving to virtual teaching, on-demand support and / or having to think outside the box in their offer to students, graduates, parents, staff, schools and all who interact with them. Join us for this unique, virtual challenge event powered by Personal Best and the Careers and Enterprise Networks to create collaborative solutions to this theme that are both relevant and current to you. All while focusing, explicitly, on developing the top skills employers are looking for!
During this challenge event, you will:
- Work collaboratively with peers across the University from all Academic Schools (including our London campus)
- Build your own confidence and start to develop a personal brand – really useful when applying to employers of interest to you
- Learn to fail fast, build resilience and solve real-world problems with creative solutions
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and agility in your approach to generating ideas
- Pitch effectively to sell yourself – your talent and your ideas – to a range of employers, researchers, exciting new Start-Ups and special guests on our judging panel
If developing all those skills and increasing your knowledge in this way isn't enough, there will be a range of exciting awards and prizes up for grabs too! To give you the recognition and experience you deserve for that CV, application, start-up business or interview you’re busy working on!
Interested in taking part? Sign-up here by Sunday 26th April 2021
Hosted by Careers Network, this event is aimed at Finalist Students. Come and join us for an hour's session with an employer who will walk you through a typical recruitment process.
The session aims to provide you with:
- An understanding of the recruitment process
- First-hand advice on what employers expect
- Top tips
- A Q&A session with the employer
To book your space and for more information click here
Employer to be confirmed.
Spring into your Career!
16th February - 11th March
Four weeks of interactive online events, designed to help you on your career journey.
Open to all students.
To find out about the different events taking place and how to book please Click here
This event is a replacement of The Spring Careers Fair.
Talk Sport Student Conference 2021
Thursday 4th February 2021
For more information and the full programme please click here.
From small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to corporations with offices around the world, a range of employers attend our careers fairs. These events present the opportunity to network informally with employers to find out as much as possible about the different career paths you may want to explore.
Careers fairs are open to all students and a mixture of employers offering placements and graduate roles are present. Remember that about two thirds of employers will be open to recruiting students from any course of study, so don't assume that your degree won't be relevant and keep your options open.
Attend careers fairs to:
- Learn more about what opportunities are available and what employers look for
- Meet employers and recent graduates and build your professional network
- Find out about recruitment processes
- Be noticed and get a head start with your applications
To head over to the Autumn Careers Fair website click here.