At Loughborough there are many opportunities to meet employers at Careers Fairs and events such as employer presentations, skills sessions and Q&As. Meeting employers in person and online is a good way to explore a range of career options in an informal environment. Talk directly to recruiters, and hear about their career stories and insider advice. Many of our events are also delivered or hosted by experts from the Careers Network team.
Tuesday, October 19th 11 am - 4 pm
Sir David Wallace Sports Hall
We are excited to announce that our flagship event of the year, The Autumn Careers Fair, is returning to campus. Over 70 employers will be promoting employment opportunities within their organisation including graduate, internship and placement roles; as well as vacation and volunteering opportunities
For more information and for the full program please click here.
11th October - 19th November
6 weeks of interactive on-campus and online events, designed to help you on your career journey. Meet employers from a variety of industries and find out what opportunities they are promoting; including graduate, internship, placement and volunteer.
For more information and to book your space please click here.
Be inspired and empowered! Hear from individuals from a range of backgrounds, as they share their stories and career journeys.
All events are taking place every Thursday for 6 weeks, 12:00 - 1:30 pm and will be hosted on Microsoft Teams.
The following events are open to all students:
- Women in Tech/STEM – 14th October
- Black History Month Employer Roundtable - 21st October
- Women In Leadership – 28th October
- Wellbeing in the Workplace – 4th November
- Disability in the Workplace - 11th November
- LGBT+ In the workplace – 18th November
To book your space and for more information please click here
Worried about assessment centres or just want to find out more about what to expect and get some practise? Then these workshops are for you. Open to students from all year groups and courses.
Sponsored and supported by Druck Limited, and delivered by the Careers Network and staff from a range of top companies, you’ll hear first-hand what to expect and learn how to perform effectively. Join us online and gain practice in a safe and non-judgemental environment before your first real assessment centre.
- Discover what happens at an assessment centre
- Experience a group activity of the type used at real assessment centres
- Meet employers from the visiting companies and receive constructive feedback
- Learn what it’s like to interact in a virtual environment
Note: these workshops will be delivered remotely via Teams and are bookable via Careers Online through the links below.
- Tuesday 12th October 2021, 6-8.00pm
- Thursday 21st October 2021, 6-8.00pm
- Tuesday 2nd November 2021, 6-8.30pm
- Thursday 18th November 2021, 6-8.00pm
- Tuesday 30th November 2021, 6-8.00pm
Events are sponsored by Druck
Be inspired and empowered! Hear from individuals from a range of backgrounds, as they share their stories and career journey.
- Careers in the Public Sector - 13th October
- Careers in Engineering - 20th October
- Careers in Business & Finance - 27th October
- Careers in Creative Sector - 3rd November
- Careers in Marketing - 10th November
For more information about the events and to book your place please see careers online - https://lboro.targetconnect.net/
For details and dates for our new series of events for Finalists visit our Support for Finalists page.
‘Kickstart your Career’ is our bespoke programme for first and second year students. Through a series of events, hosted by our dedicated team and a variety of employers, we aim to provide you with the tools to help you plan ahead and kickstart your future career.
We invite you to join us for our Autumn programme. Simply click on the links below to secure your place.
‘Kickstart your Career’ Online Events
Tuesday 8th February 2021, 6pm-6.45pm
In this informal Q&A session from your Careers Network team, you’ll have the chance to ask anything that you are unsure about, finding and doing different sorts of work experience; including types that are open to you, online options, where to find useful resources and how to get further support. This session will cover any type of work experience, including placements, and we're pleased to welcome two Placement Officers onto our staff panel to help you with all your placement queries.