The training can be accessed via Learn and consists of a video presented by Dr Sarah Williamson, Deputy Director of Organisational Development.
Please note the PDR Reviewer Briefing training is mandatory for all those new to reviewing at Loughborough, and acts as a useful refresher for those who have not reviewed for a while or wish to remind themselves how to approach the role.
The next PDR window will run from January – March 2024, so reviewers are encouraged to undertake the training beforehand.
The training covers the following:
- What is PDR?
- The PDR process and principles
- What’s new for this year
- The expectations of reviewers and reviewees
- Helpful skills and prompts for effective PDRs
After completing the training, you will be asked to complete a quiz. Successful completion of the quiz will provide you with additional resources, including:
- Guidance on how to have a wellbeing conversation with your Reviewee
- Tips for setting value-based objectives
- Relevant links to parts of the University website to support your role as a Reviewer.
More information about the PDR process for all staff for 2023/24 will be published in the coming weeks. Please view the dedicated PDR webpages on our website if you’d like to find out further information.