Below are just some of the reasons why you should consider a study exchange:
- Improve your career prospects - approach business issues from another cultural perspective and improve your CV.
- Gain a new outlook – study your subject in a different context. You will find this challenging and highly rewarding.
- Grow an international network of friends – many of the people you meet will remain your friends for the rest of your life, at home and abroad.
- International mobility – we now live in an internationally mobile world. What better time to prepare for this than as a student?
- Build on your life skills – enhance your personal development, increase your employability, improve your confidence and enjoy your life in different ways.
This is a great time to apply for an international study exchange, as the UK Government has launched its new global funding programme entitled the ‘Turing Scheme’, which provides financial support to students studying or working abroad. Loughborough University has successfully secured funding under the Turing Scheme for the 2021/22 academic year and will be applying for further funding for the academic year 2022/23.
If you would like further information about the application process, our partner universities or the Turing Scheme, the University’s Exchanges Team will be holding drop-in sessions on the following dates:
- Wednesday 8 December, 11am–12pm, Room SMB008
- Tuesday 14 December, 2pm-3pm, Room SMB104
As well as answering any questions, the Exchanges Team can put you in touch with students who have recently returned from their international study exchanges so that you can ask them directly about their experiences.
Please note that there is a maximum capacity in each room due to Covid-19 restrictions, therefore it is recommended that you email Exchanges@lboro.ac.uk in advance if you wish to attend a drop-in session.
What are you waiting for? Come along and find out more!