Please note all students returning to Loughborough need to comply with University policies and to take regular Covid tests. The latest University rules and restrictions for studying, working and living on campus are available here.
As of today (29 March) the following activities can commence:
Organised outdoor sport is permitted providing it is formally organised and follows Covid-secure guidance. All activities and facilities available on campus will be bookable through the Loughborough Sport app.
- Performance programmes and AU clubs: Outdoor training and fixtures can now take place. All activity needs to be part of an organised club or performance programme training and must follow the latest Covid guidelines. All club members will need to book their relevant sessions within the Loughborough Sport app, as per protocol applied previously in the Autumn term.
- The Easter Series: Combining some of your favourite sports programmes including IMS, Social Sport and My Lifestyle to create a range of competition and recreational activity available to our students over the Easter break. The full programme of activities is available to see and book in the Loughborough Sport app.
- Bookable facilities: Artificial pitches are available for small-sided football, and cricket nets and beach park are all available to book through the ‘facility hire’ tile in the app. Please note that the person making the booking will take the responsibility of being the Covid Marshall for this booking. Bookings can be made 48 hours in advance; we will look to increase this time period going forwards.
- Outdoor recreational spaces: Ball Park, Paddock Pitch and Games Park are available to use without booking. As part of government guidelines, a maximum of two households or six people can play together at the same time. There are a small number of bookings through Easter allowing the University’s Basketball team to train on Ball Park. On these rare occasions, you will be advised by a member of staff when the team arrives.
- Spectators: Currently, spectators will not be permitted on campus until further notice.
More information on the phased return of sporting activities, including the opening of gyms and indoor sports activity, can be found here.