29 May 2019
University offers free support for life’s obstacles
Did you know Loughborough offers a free and confidential support service?
The Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) is available to all staff members and offers unlimited access to advice and information, as well as coaching and counselling services too.
The service covers a wide variety of topics including:
- Work – starting a new role, setting objectives, reaching your potential and experiencing change;
- Emotional support – dealing with anxiety, stress, depression, self-esteem, sexual identity or neglect;
- Housing – mortgage advice, neighbour disputes, renting or tenancy worries, and information on buying and selling;
- Relationships – moving in with a partner, getting married or trying to start a family together, as well as joint finances;
- Money – help with debt management, budget or creditors;
- Health and Wellbeing – fitness, nutrition, alcohol or smoking advice; and
- Crisis – divorce, bereavement, abuse, a miscarriage, or bullying and harassment.
Articles, videos and podcasts covering these topics are all available on the EAP website.
Staff are also entitled to a free one hour careers counselling discussion each year as well as six confidential face-to-face counselling sessions.
You can access the EAP website by using the ‘Quick Link’ on the top right-hand side of the internal home webpage. The organisation code to enter the website is ‘lborowell’.
The EAP telephone service is also available 24 hours a day by calling 0800 111 6387.