13 Feb 2017
Frank Morton Sports Day 16 Feb 2017 – important notice to staff and students
The annual Frank Morton Sports Day takes place on 16 February 2017.
This year, Loughborough’s Chemical Engineering Department will host the event, which will see chemical engineering students from universities across the UK and Ireland joining us to compete in a range of sports activities.
The Frank Morton Sports Day, supported by the IChemE, was established in 1961 by the late Frank Morton, a chemical engineering professor who taught at both Birmingham and Manchester University. It has now grown into a popular national event hosted by a different competing university each year.
Loughborough will host 31 universities with around 40 coaches expected on campus on the day, so there will be some impact on traffic and car parking.
There will be increased numbers of people around campus throughout the whole day, until the early hours of Friday 17 February.
Staff and students are advised to plan ahead and leave plenty of time for their journeys.
The following areas will be affected:
- The Brockington Schofield car park will be closed on 16 February in order to accommodate the coaches
- Coaches will be arriving on campus between 7:00 – 8:45 so there may be increased congestion during this time
- The sporting events will run from 10:00 – 16:00 across West Park (Loughborough University Stadium and Holywell American Football), Charnwood College, Paddock Park and Run Trails, Games Park, EHB Sports Turf, Edward Herbert Building, Water Based Hockey Pitch, Haslegrave Cricket Ground, Ball Park and ECB Nets, 1st XV Rugby Pitch, PEC Sports Turf and the Netball and Badminton Centres
- Events are also taking place in the Sir David Wallace Sports Hall and Loughborough Students Union
- Buses will be running between campus, Charnwood College and Loughborough town centre between 14:30 – 16:00 so there may be increased congestion during this time
If you need to contact the University on the day, please call Security on (01509) 222141.