Support available for students:
- Student Services (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 01509 222765) offer a range of support, including mental health and wellbeing, and advice specifically for international students. The Student Wellbeing and Inclusivity team run BAME-specific support groups for students which can be accessed via the referral form here.
- The University Chaplaincy (Email: email@example.com, Tel: 01509 223741) offers a space for quiet reflection. University Chaplains are here to listen, here to care and here to help all staff and students. No appointment is necessary.
- If you feel your studies are being affected, you can contact your Academic School and/or Personal Tutors so that we can provide the right support to you. If you wish, you can also submit an individual Mitigating Circumstances claim to explain how you have been impacted by recent events. More information on this can be found in the Student Handbook.
Support for staff:
- The Staff Counselling Service is available to all University employees, giving you the opportunity to talk confidentially to a professionally trained person who is outside your immediate situation. Colleagues can also access support through our Employee Assistance Programme. More information on both of these services can be found on our People and Organisational Development website.
- BAME-specific counselling is also available to staff. To access this service, please email Diddy Elliot, Counselling Practice Lead firstname.lastname@example.org – all details will be kept confidential.
- Should you need some time away, we would like to draw attention to our compassionate leave arrangements, including our specific policy related to race-based stress, which offers pre-approved compassionate leave for the reason of race-based stress.