The multi-sport event is designed to give young athletes an educational experience and a taste of what it is like to take part in a major competition.
Youth Sport Trust – who are delivering the event – are really disappointed not to be able to welcome spectators onto the site, but for a range of reasons they had to make decisions to ensure that the event could take place for the young athletes, and take place as safely as possible. All spectating of the events will be through the live streams available on the event website.
Whilst the Games will be running without spectators this year, there will be significant activity on campus in advance of, during and after the period of competition. Local community users of campus should be aware of the following information:
Car park closures
- Car Park 5
- Wednesday 1 September – Sunday 5 September: Used for Cycling and BMX Car Park (reserving and setting up on Wednesday, arrival on Thursday) – Usage, Team parking and preparation areas for competition.
- Pool Car Park: Monday 30 August – Sunday 5 September from the crossing onwards. On Thursday 2 September and Saturday 4 September, the whole car park will be closed.
- Haslegrave Car Park: Saturday 28 August – Monday 6 September
- Hockey Car Park and Library Car Park: Wednesday 1 September – Sunday 5 September
- Car Park 4: Wednesday 1 September - Thursday 2 September
- Car Park 18 and spaces outside EIS Centre: Thursday 2 September – Sunday 5 September (part of Car Park 18 will be used on 28 and 29 August and 6 September).
- NCSEM Car Park: Thursday 2, Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 September.
- Loughborough Students’ Union Car Park: Thursday 2 September and Saturday 4 September.
On Thursday 2 September, 7pm-10pm, the road by Rugby 1st XV Pitch will be closed.
The map below shows which roads will be shut from Friday 3 September, 4pm – Sunday 5 September.
On Saturday 4 September, the following roads will be closed:
- Wednesday 1 September – Sunday 5 September: Cricket entrance and toilets
Please note that a PA system will be in use for commentary and presentations at the following times:
- Thursday 2 September: 1pm-9.15pm – hockey pitch, 1st XV rugby pitch, Hazlerigg/Rutland fountain area
- Friday 3 September: 9am-6pm – National Cricket Academy, hockey pitch, athletics track, Brockington cricket pitch
- Saturday 4 September: 8am-4pm – near Car Park 5, Shirley Pearce Square, hockey pitch, National Cricket Academy, athletics track
- Sunday 5 September: 8.30am-3.30pm – hockey pitch and Brockington cricket pitch
For more information on the specific locations, you can visit the online campus map.