This plan details a series of actions to help ensure they engage with all students equally and that their programme reflects the diversity of our campus and is inclusive to all students.
The team are looking for BAME students to join a Diversity and Advisory Equality Group so that students can offer ideas for future programmes, input suggestions for how they improve their visibility and marketing, and voice any concerns about any aspect of their operation.
Their ambition for the group is that it will help them to:
- Develop clear strategies for increasing engagement with BAME students that can be fed into LU Arts’ Race Equality Action Plan
- Review the impact of LU Arts policies and practices on race equality
- Shape future programme activity by inputting ideas
- Consider their marketing material and how they can promote activity to ensure it is communicating effectively to all students
- Discuss barriers to access and how they might address these
- Develop partnership working
The meetings will be a safe space where you can express yourself freely. The sessions will take place online initially, with the hope it will not be too long before they can then take place in person.
Each participant will be paid £60 to attend the three sessions and they are looking for six BAME students who have a passion for the arts to be part of the group.
If you would like to be involved in this group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a paragraph about yourself, why you would like to be part of the group and your interest in the arts.
The deadline for applications is Monday 23 November at 5pm.