One of our largest spaces is the University Library. From group study spaces to quiet and even silent areas, there’s a suitable space with a range of facilities for your needs.
The Library is open 24/7 during the summer exam period until 22 June. There are over 1,300 spaces available and you can also book spaces in advance.
The different types of study spaces available include:
- Group study rooms on all four floors
- Bookable booths located on Floor 4
- Individual study spaces for quiet study on Floors 1 and 2
- Silent study area on Floor 4
The Library can get very busy during peak times, so keep an eye out on Twitter @lborolibrary for all the latest information.
More information can be found on the Library webpages.
If you need computer facilities, there are over 2,000 PCs in computer labs located across the campus.
Many of these are available to access 24/7 with your student ID card, and the IT Services website provides real-time information on where there are computers currently available.
LSU Study Café
The Loughborough Students’ Union are running weekly Study Cafés throughout the rest of this term. The Study Café is a supportive and structured environment for self-study offering free refreshments, booking is not required.
- Mondays: 12pm-2pm, Room CC111, James France Building
- Wednesdays: 11am-1pm, Michael Pearson Board Room, 1st Floor, LSU Building
The Loughborough campus also has a variety of smaller study spaces available for use.
Our learning spaces are more informal spaces that have comfy seating and collaborative work areas. Some of these also have PCs and printing facilities and may be located close to a food and retail outlet.
- Learning West (West Park Teaching Hub)
- Learning at EHB (Edward Herbert Building)
- Learning Lab Haslegrave
- Learning Hub Schofield
- Learning Stop Brockington Extension
- Graduate House (for Doctoral Researchers and Postgraduate students)
- James France Learning Zone
- William Morris Learning Hub
- Wolfson School (T building)
- S Building Foyer
- Sir David Davies
- Martin Hall: Breakout Space and Foyer
- Outdoor Learning Space
- Design School Mezzanine
- NCSEM Rooftop (National Centre for Sport and Exercise Medicine)
- Loughborough Business School Hub
- Wavy Top Study Space (Note: Wavy Top study space will be unavailable 30 May - 21 June whilst exams take place in the building)
Search for your preferred learning space on the Campus Map for more details.
Students can also check with their School for any study spaces available in their buildings.