Here are some of the most popular subjects:
- Understanding Children and Young People's Mental Health - Understand factors that may affect young people's mental health, the impact that they have and how to support them with these issues.
- Understanding Autism - Learn how individuals process sensory information, understand characteristics, understand conditions, and learn how speech, language and communication differ in people with Autism.
- Understanding Behaviour That Challenges – Supporting positive behaviour, effective communication and how to manage challenging behaviour.
- Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties - Understand characteristics of ADHD, ADD, Dyslexia and Dyscalculia, and find out about the importance of early diagnosis and assessment methods available to diagnose learning difficulties.
- Adverse Childhood Experiences – A course tailored to understand how separation, divorce and death in a family can have an effect on a child's mental health.
- Safeguarding and Prevention - Supporting anyone who is responsible for people and how to reduce the risk of radicalisation, recognising signs of abuse and potential harm.
- Equality and diversity – Gain an understanding of the importance of equality and diversity in the workplace, society and community.
On average the courses take between 15-35 hours to complete (dependent on an individual's learning ability) within in a 6-week window. They can be completed on a laptop or computer at the learner's home. No exams or endpoint assessments are involved, the courses are purely Q&A based and are available to access 24/7.
You can do as many as you like, however you can do only one at a time.
Below states the criteria the learner must meet to be eligible to take any of the courses:
- Aged 19 or over on or before 31 August
- Have lived in the UK/EU for 3+ years
- Not already on a Government-funded course (such as an apprenticeship)
Please note the learning provider reserves the right to charge a fee in the event a learner enrols but drops out without providing a reason (the registered college to the course and learner will grant extensions if the learner has a reason as to why they won't be able to complete it within the 6 weeks).
In addition, there is a selection of free Level 3 courses available for those who do not already have a Level 3 qualification or equivalent.
If you are interested in undertaking one of these free online courses, then please complete this form.