Wireless Technical Setup Details
The following instructions only apply if you are unable to configure your device using the cloudpath app downloaded from the Google Play store.
Devices that support WPA2 in Enterprise mode are compatible with the eduroam wireless network. To configure your device, you will need to download the Loughborough University Certification Authority (CA) certificate, to complete the secure connection to the eduroam network.
When prompted to enter Username and Password, this will be your Loughborough University username and password.
The following process can be completed using 4G, or by selecting set-up wifi from the Connections option in the Settings area.
3. Once downloaded, click Open
4. Certificate Name: Loughborough CA
5. Credential Use: select Wi-Fi, Click OK
6. Return back to the settings button and hold down set-up wifi and select forget network
7. Select eduroam
8. EAP method: select PEAP
9. Phase 2 authentication: select MSCHAPV2
10. CA Certificate: select Loughborough CA
11. Identity: enter your Loughborough username @lboro.ac.uk
12. Anonymous identity: enter firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Password: Enter your Loughborough password and select Connect
Wireless Network Settings
|Wireless Network Settings|
|Security:||WPA2 Enterprise (802.11i)|
|Encryption:||AES / CCMP|
|802.1X Types:||EAP/TLS (Certificate generated through https://cloudpath.lboro.ac.uk)|
|Username:||[Universtity Username] @lboro.ac.uk|
|(Authentication) Server name:||
|Certificate Authority Hash - SHA1 Fingerprint:||