Learn how to connect your iPhone/iPad device to eduroam, the university's wireless network
- Settings Open Wi-Fi settings > select setup-wifi
- Once connected > open Safari > type in https://cloudpath.lboro.ac.uk.
- Type in your Loughborough username and password > click Continue
- Read and Accept the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
- If you have previously connected to eduroam you can review your devices and delete certificates which are not in use
- If you are using an existing device, select the device name from the list and click ‘continue’.
- If this is a new device, select 'This is an additional device' fill in the Name for the device and click ‘continue’.
- Allow In the pop-up box > click Allow to be redirected to your settings
- Once Connected go back to General settings select Profiles
- Select eduroam and click install and enter your device password > then click install again (top right hand corner)
- Once profile is installed click Done > Go to Wi-Fi and select eduroam
Once connected, learn how to...
- Access to University resources when off campus - set up Cisco AnyConnect VPN on your iOS device
Important notice: iOS 15 (iCloud+ subscription)
From iOS 15 and the next version of macOS (Monterey) Apple are introducing iCloud Private Relay. This is an always on VPN that tunnels traffic out via Apple servers and is part of the iCloud+ subscription.
Devices using this service will be unable to access internal campus resources as the traffic will originate from external to the university. It also circumvents protection we provide to protect campus users.
As such we have decided to block this for on campus users. This means that any user with it enabled will get an alert saying that they need to either disable Private Relay for your network or choose another network.