30 Oct 2017
IT’s time for something new
New IT products and services for staff are on the way. You’ll benefit from these by being able to work flexibly, efficiently and collaboratively – as well as reliably and securely both on and off campus.
If you use a laptop or computer at work, these changes will affect you between October 2017 and May 2019. Change co-ordinators have been appointed in all of the Schools and Professional departments and can provide you with more information on when your upgrade will take place.
Some of the new products and services include:
- Windows 10 – Microsoft’s most up-to-date operating system
- Office 2016 – the newest versions of regularly used software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Office 365 – online software of Office, with a range of regular and new products available
- One Drive – unlimited storage for your files
- Encryption – added security for laptop users
You can find out more about the changes at the first roadshow organised by IT Services, taking place on Wednesday 1 November in room HH023A in the John Pickford Building between 12pm-5pm. You can drop in at any time and the roadshow is open for all staff to attend.
Each hour starts with a short presentation showcasing the new services and features, with a Q&A session taking place after each presentation.