28 May 2015
Register for the Medici Enterprise Training Programme 2015-16
The Medici Enterprise Training Programme 2015-16 has been finalised and applications are now being accepted.
Now in its 14th year, the Programme provides entrepreneurial training for academics and research staff countrywide, helping them to realise the commercial potential of their research.
To date, more than 400 people have benefitted from the Programme – developing a better understanding of the business world as well as the confidence and know-how to successfully commercialise their research.
The training comprises a combination of seminars and interactive workshops, exploring a range of business skills including
- Intellectual Property protection and exploitation
- Raising and managing business funding
- Business planning and negotiation skills
- How to best pitch and market an idea
Delegates are also introduced to the various routes to commercialisation so that, when the time comes, they are able to make informed decisions about the best way forward.
The training is divided into four modules, delivered in Birmingham, over the following dates
- Wednesday 14 and Thursday 15 October 2015
- Wednesday 18 and Thursday 19 November 2015
- Wednesday 9 and Thursday 10 December 2015
- Wednesday 13 January 2016
The Programme costs £2,650 per delegate, including all refreshments and full board accommodation for modules one, two and three.
An early bird rate of £2,500 applies for applications received by Friday 19 June 2015.
Application forms and further information is available from Sofia Hansrod at the University of Birmingham.