23 Apr 2015
University set to host its third Literary Salon
The theme for this year’s Salon is ‘The Return of Books and Paper’, which explores the shift from paper to digital based reading and the effect this has had on how people value the book.
Offering an evening of conversation and lively debate, the Literary Salon provides the opportunity for participants to speak to leaders within the field and look at the work being showcased.
Confirmed guest speakers include:
- Wim Van Mierlo: Works in Publishing at Loughborough University
- Anne-Marie Beller: Author and Lecturer of English at Loughborough University
- Matthew James Kay: Contemporary freelance artist with a focus on mixed media creations
- Sarah Kelly: Poet, paper artist and poet in residence for the academic year
- Karen Jinks: Freelance artist who uses her own illustrations to cover handmade notebooks
The Literary Salon has received support from the University’s Enterprise Projects Group.
The event takes place on Tuesday 12 May, 7pm until 9pm and in Sir Robert Martin Theatre, Martin Hall.
Tickets are £5 including refreshments (free to staff, students and alumni). Tickets must be booked in advance – click here.