30 May 2014
Winners of the Loughborough Academic Awards
The first Loughborough Academic Awards were held on 27 May to celebrate staff and student excellence in learning, teaching and academic representation across the campus.
Over 200 people attended the event at the Students' Union, including Deans, Heads of Department and other University staff, student volunteers, union executive members and union staff.
The awards winners were:
- Programme Rep Team of the Year – Wolfson School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Department Chair – Alex Capewell
- Academic Representation – Louise Batts
- Programme Rep – Stephen Butler
- Programme President – Jack Needham
- Most Improved Department Committee – School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences
- Department Committee of the Year – Business
- Extra Mile – Scott Varney (Social Sciences)
- E-Learning – Dr Julie Holland (Business and Economics)
- Agent of Change – Dr Zulfikar Adamu (Civil and Building Engineering)
- Inspiration – Dr Sarah Mills (Geography)/ Dr Nick Freeman (English and Drama)
- Personal Tutor – Professor Gavin Brown (Mathematical Sciences)
- Innovation – Professor Chris Szejnmann (PIRES)
- Fantastic Feedback – Dr Dave Elder-Vass (Social Sciences)
- Academic Award of Excellence – Dr Marcus Collins (PIRES)
- Student Advocate of the Year – Joshua Ward/ Safaa Usmani
Congratulations to you all!