Hardware and Telephone
Jabber is an instant messaging service and phone integration application that enables you to contact staff members at the University.
The Cisco Jabber software package is already installed on University Windows 10 computers and is ready for you to try and use. If you are able to use the chat feature, but not the telephone feature, please contact the IT Service Desk to get the telephone feature enabled for you.
The Cisco Jabber service:
- Integrates with your desk phone
- Enables you to use your laptop as a phone (softphone mode)
- Can be used when working from home to message/call people at the University
- Use it as an instant messaging service
- Use it for a team chat or for having a permanent chat room for sharing ideas
- Links to your Outlook calendar to automatically update your presence status
- Automatically installed on Windows managed PCs, can be installed on non-managed machines