Professor Jacqueline Glass BA(Hons), DipArch, DipBRS, CertHE, PhD, FHEA, FCIOB
Professor of Architecture and Sustainable Construction
Associate Dean (Enterprise)
Director of the Centre for Innovative and Collaborative Construction Engineering (CICE)
Jacqueline Glass is Professor of Architecture & Sustainable Construction, specialising in sustainable construction.
She is Associate Dean for Enterprise in the School of Civil and Building Engineering at Loughborough University (responsible for the School’s industry engagement portfolio); further information on enterprise can be found here: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/enterprise-CBE.
Jacqui is known for her research and collaborative projects on responsible sourcing in construction, named through the Action Programme for Responsible Sourcing (APRES). You can watch a film of her inaugural lecture which focuses on this important issue:http://www.youtube.com/embed/1xGS1x9OYfs?autoplay=1&rel=0/
She is also Director of CICE – the EPSRC Engineering Doctorate centre which has a lengthy track record of delivering high quality research in collaboration with industrial sponsors.
Jacqui contributes to taught programmes in Architectural Engineering & Design Management, Construction Engineering Management, and post-graduate construction courses. She has supervised 19 PhD and EngD students to completion, and published 45 journal papers and more than 90 conference papers.
Broad interests and expertise
Research and industry engagement track record in sustainability management and strategy development in the construction products and materials industry and supply chains.
Extensive experience of research, education, and consultancy, with additional expertise in workshop facilitation, training and CPD delivery. Experienced standards committee member, with board experience.
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Building (FCIOB)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Responsible and ethical sourcing of construction products
- Sustainable construction and supply chain management
- Sustainability assessment and life-cycle analysis of construction products
- Sustainability management and corporate sustainability reporting in construction
Centre for Innovative and Collaborative Construction Engineering (CICE)
This project is live. Further details can be found at: http://www.cice.lboro.ac.uk.
Creative Outreach for Resource Efficiency (CORE)
This project is live. Further details can be found at: http://www.core-community.net.
Previous research projects
Action Programme for Responsible Sourcing (APRES)
This project has now concluded. Activity continues in collaboration with BRE: http://apres.bre.co.uk.
An Ethical Sourcing Portfolio for Construction (AESOP)
This project has now concluded. Activity continues in collaboration with Responsible Solutions: http://www.ethical-sourcing.co.uk.
- Chair: CIRIA Project Group: ‘Minimising risk through responsible sourcing’ (2015-date)
- Chair: Supply Chain Sustainability School ‘Horizons Group’ (2014-date)
- Fellow: BRE Trust (2013-date)
- Member: BRE Academy Advisory Board (2014-date)
- Member: Eco-Reinforcement Responsible Sourcing Scheme Council (2013-date)
- Member: BRE Global ‘International Standing Panel of Experts’ (2011-date)
- Member: BSI Committees:
- SDS/1 Management for sustainable development; SDS/1/1 (BS 8900) Guidance for managing sustainable development
- SDS/1/3 (BS 8903) Principles and framework for procuring sustainably
- SDS/1/5 (BS 8905) Framework for the assessment of the sustainable use of materials
- SDS/1/10 Resource management and the circular economy (BS 8001, due 2017).
- Editorial Board member:
- Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers – Construction Materials
- Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers – Waste and Resources Management
- Reviewer for 28 academic journals