About the School
Our vision is to be a strong and engaged community of staff and students who are supported and motivated to tackle some of the most significant global challenges affecting the built environment and infrastructure.
A key part of our ethos is our extensive links with industry, with many of our students being sponsored by major construction organisations. Loughborough graduates are extremely sought after by industry and commerce world-wide, and our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes are consistently ranked as excellent in both student surveys and independent assessments. Similarly our research is sponsored and applied by the many organisations in the civil engineering, construction and transport sectors.
Our website provides you with extensive information about both our research and teaching programmes. For further information, please contact us, or come along to one of our regular open days.
Why choose us?
- Second in the UK for Building, Times Good University Guide 2017
- 99% graduate employability1 with average starting salaries of £27,0002
- Top 3 for graduate prospects in Civil Engineering. Times Good University Guide 2017.
- First for Building and Transport Research, Times Good University Guide 2017
- The UK’s number one university for engineering placements3
1. DLHE, 2015 graduates. Full-time UK first degree students available for work or study
2. DHLE, 2015 graduates. Mean salary, FT UK & Channel Isles first degree students in professional employment
3. 2015/16 HESA UG Student Record