Dr Peter Demian BA, MA, MEng, MSc, PhD, M.ASCE, M.CIOB, FHEA
Programme Director (MSc): Construction Management, Construction Project Management / Reader in Building Information Management
Peter Demian joined the School of Civil and Building Engineering at Loughborough University as a Lecturer in Construction Management in 2005, Senior Lecturer and Reader since 2012. Before joining Loughborough, he completed his PhD in Civil Engineering at Stanford University in the United States, while before that, he completed his undergraduate studies in Engineering at Cambridge University.
Broad interests and expertise
- Knowledge management and human-computer interaction in construction.
- Information retrieval in 3D design environments.
- Building Information Modelling
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy; Member of the American Society of Civil Engineers; Member of the Chartered Institute of Building
- Member of the ASCE's Global Center of Excellence in Computing.
- Doctorate External Examiner at Anna University (India), Bath University, Reading University, Cardiff University, Huddesfield Unviersity, Northumbria University, Robert Gordon University.
- Taught Programme External Examinerr at Middlesex University, Northampton University, Robert Gordon University.
- The advantages of information management through building information modelling
- Information retrieval from civil engineering repositories: Importance of context and granularity
- Three-Dimensional Information Retrieval (3DIR): exploiting 3D geometry and model topology in information retrieval from BIM environment.
- Effective visualisation of design versions: visual storytelling for design reuse