Dr David Gillingwater DipTP MSc(Econ) PhD FCILT MRTPI
Honorary Fellow in Transport Studies
Joined Loughborough University as a Lecturer in 1984; promoted to Senior Lecturer in 1988; Leader of the Transport Studies Group, 1999 - 2002; appointed University Fellow in 2009.
Broad interests and activities
- Transport policy
- Environmental planning
- Change management
- Soft modelling applications
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport
- Chartered Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Strategic decision support systems
- Environmental impacts of airport operations
- Organisational innovation and decision making processes in transport operations
- Strategic management of rapid growth
- Novel algorithms and architectures for decision support systems.
- Omega - A Partnership to Meet the Environmental Challenge of Aviation Growth
Omega is a landmark multi-disciplinary partnership of leading academics from nine UK Universities led by MMU's Centre for Air Transport and the Environment. It is the largest research programme ever funded in the UK in this area. The partnership has been established to study the environmental, business and operational impacts of aviation and develop startegies to reduce environmental impacts and business risk.
- Editor of the Journal of Transportation Planning and Technology
- Joint Editor of the Transportation Studies Book Series
- Chief Examiner to the Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport
- Co-organiser of the EPSRC Sustainable Cities and Aviation Network, SCAN-UK
- Loughborough University Partner for the Omega Project.