Professor Tony Thorpe CEng CITP BSc MSc PhD FICE FBCS FCIOB FRICS MIMgt
Dean of School
Professor in Construction IT
Deputy Director: CICE
Deputy Editor: ECAM
Obtained BSc in Civil Engineering from Nottingham University. Worked for 5 years as a research assistant/programmer on a number of research projects. Seconded to both the Building Research Establishment and industry. Joined Loughborough as a lecturer in 1984.
Broad interests and expertise
- Supply Chain management and Communications
- On-site and Wearable computing
- Fellow of Chartered Institute of Building;
- Fellow of the British Computer Society;
- Member of the Institute of Management;
- Fellow of the Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Process mapping for construction
- E-commerce in construction
- Site based ICT systems
Previous research projects
- Process Protocol;
- Integrated Collaborative Design;
- COMIT network;
- Design and Process control for Freeform Construction.
Mega-scale Freeform Construction
We are investigating the potential to develop large-scale deposition devices to "print" building components and eventually buildings themselves.
Laboratory testing/industry workshops.