Dr Oluwasola Afolabi
Gates RTT Project
Oluwasola holds a B.Eng. (Hons) in Agricultural (now Agricultural and Environmental) Engineering (with First Class Honours) from the Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria, an MSc in Environmental Studies (with Distinction) and a PhD in Water and Waste Engineering both at Loughborough University, UK. His research interests cover biomass conversion technologies; waste to energy processes; waste management & resource recovery; water–energy–environment nexus; faecal sludge/wastewater treatment. Oluwasola has expertise in innovation research, development and transfer of transformative sanitation technology in Low and Middle Income countries. He is a certified project & programme manager and member of professional bodies including Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE) and the Chartered Institute of Waste and Environmental Management (CIWEM).
- AFOLABI, O.O.D., SOHAIL, M., THOMAS, C.P.L, 2015. Microwave Hydrothermal Carbonization of Human Bio-waste, Waste and Biomass Valorisation, 6 (2), 147-157, ISSN: 1877-2641
- SOHAIL, M., CAVILL, S., AFOLABI, O.O.D. 2016. Reinvented Toilets: Transformative Technologies for Safely Managed Sanitation. Municipal Engineer, ICE Proceedings, ISSN 0965-0903 http://dx.doi.org/10.1680/jmuen.16.00026
- AFOLABI, O.O.D and SOHAIL, M. 2017. Microwaving Human Faecal Sludge as a Viable Sanitation Technology Option for Treatment and Value Recovery – A Critical Review. Journal of Environmental Management, 187, 401-415, Elsevier. ISSN: 1095-8630. DOI: 10.1016/j.jenvman.2016.10.067
- AFOLABI, O.O.D and SOHAIL, M., 2017. Comparative Assessment of Conventional and Microwave Hydrothermal Carbonisation of Human Biowaste. Water Science and Technology, 75(5), IWA Publishing. ISSN: 0273-1223. DOI: 10.2166/wst.2017.164
- AFOLABI, O.O.D., SOHAIL, M., THOMAS, C.P.L, 2017. Characterization of solid fuel chars recovered from microwave hydrothermal carbonization of human biowaste, Energy, 134, 74 – 89. Elsevier DOI: 10.1016/ j.energy.2017.06.010.